I finished the top of my patriotic quilt, number 2 UFO. It is going to be machine quilted. That is where it is at now. We got our guild newsletter and it said we could work on the previous UFO since all the holidays took some time from being able to work on it. So I pulled out number 9 UFO back out of the pile and cut some pieces. Ready to work on it this weekend.

I highly recommend you check out Pieced Pastimes. She has two whole cloth quilts on her blog that are awe inspiring.
With Passion, Carrie P.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to be yourself. Michael de Montaigne
another great block
ReplyDeleteI love the red background
I was considering making this quilt but with brown backgrounds.
I was having a hard time finding the right browns and came to the conclusion it just isn't meant to be right now.
I will wait a while before making this quilt
maybe I need to make it with the red backgrounds!
Kathie
Another breathtaking block - Wowzer! I want to come play with you! LOL You just might entice me into working on this pattern sooner than later!
ReplyDeleteNo words ... my mouth is just hanging open! It's beautiful. Makes my little star quilt that I began last night look just pitiful! LOL
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Lea
It's fun seeing the quilt being made with different colors but oh yours is stunning! I clicked on the photo to enlarge it and your work is masterful.
ReplyDeleteWow Carrie...I am sooo loving these blocks. I'm with Stephanie....you do pretty darn good work!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch vivid and beautiful colors!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Another stunning block, Carrie! And thanks for the link to Pieced Pastimes!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Carrie...everything you do is full of your heart or so it seems to me. That Aunt Millie's garden is incredible...the colors are breathtaking. Bravo to you.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Beautiful!! Thanks for posting your work! It's inspiring!
ReplyDeleteWow Carrie that is just stunning...
ReplyDeleteI just love your blog....you make applique look easy...
ReplyDeleteYou know I love your work. Great job.
ReplyDeleteCarrie your blocks are awesome and I think you are so brave to go outside the box and work with a color you have to grow to like in a quilt. I too was drawn to that red but this was supposed to be a sample for the store.. now I just want it to display in my own home. i love what you have done so far and can't wait to see what you have in store for the next block. I too am using the templar method and love it..I was introduced to back basting but will do it on another quilt..templar is the best method for duplicate patterns.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting on my blog I hope to see what the other 12 ladies do with theirs as well will you be posting their blocks??
I am so very excited to see others creating their version of this quilt!! hurray
Happy New Year to you, Carrie!
ReplyDeleteYour applique block is gorgeous as usual!
Your Aunt Millie's Garden block is fabulous. What a beautiful pattern and your fabric choices are outstanding.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2009!
Aloha!
gorgeous. the more i visit blogs on quilt, the more i fell in love with them. do u have any advice for a newbie? Crafts4UnMe
ReplyDeleteLove the red!
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful blocks are coming right along. Personally I LOVE the red background. But then red is my favorite color!
ReplyDelete