Look at this bag and journal cover and the card. They all match and they are all my favorites. The pinwheel is my favorite block. Brown, green, and pink are my favorite colors. I am also am birdwatcher.
Look at this covered button with the little bluebird and the tiny brown button. Sweet!
Here is the other side of the bag. When I opened this box from Stephanie I was so overwhelmed by her generosity. Stephanie had an applique quilt that she showed on her blog awhile back and said she probably would not finish it. So I offered to finish the blocks expecting nothing in return. I just wanted to help her finish this beautiful quilt. Check out her blog to read her little fairy tale. It is a 2 part story so read here and here. I hope you feel this big hug I am sending you, Stephanie. Thank you so very much for the gifts.
This is what was in the other little box. Before I started my own blog I was visiting lots of other blogs besides Stephanie's. I left a comment on Quilters Buzz last year in September and was one of thirteen winners. I was just expecting the "Honey Bun" but also received the charms. Sweet! Thank you Moda.
What a SWEET day!! It is Christmas again!
With Passion, Carrie P.
Great thoughts come from the heart. Marquis De Vauvenargues.
Your are welcome and most deserving! :o) One day we shall meet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great win. Yum...Moda.
Wow. You did great on her quilt and she definitely gave you some fine gifts in return. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteCarrie, Stephanie's gift is absolutely beautiful, stunning colours. And the quilt you finished for her is also stunning. It is so nice to be able to bond with like minded people who apprecaiet each other.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice surprise! Stephanie did such a lovely job on that bag. Wow!
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Lea
Stephanie - you're so sweet to have done such a wonderful gesture for Carrie.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your Moda collection you won. What a tremendous day you had.
As soon as I saw the journal...I knew your package was from Stephanie! And I see Moda was very good to you as well...congratulations!
ReplyDeletelove your bag and Moda prize.......lucky girl.....enjoy
ReplyDeleteSweet! I just love packages on the front porch!
ReplyDeleteA double delight! Enjoy - the bag from Stephanie is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh Carrie...what wonderful 'yummie' goodies, especially from Stephanie...she 'cooked' up a wonderful surprise for you!!!
ReplyDeleteThe finished blocks look great...and I love your thank you gift too!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, what delightful goodies!! You and Stephanie truly have a special friendship! And what a great surprise from Moda! Merry
ReplyDelete"2nd Christmas"!
Cheers!
Candace
What a wonderful world that we call blogging!! The gift Stephanie sent is generous and beautiful. The quilt you helped her finish is divine!! The prizes are yummy too!!
ReplyDeleteI love good mail days like this.
ReplyDelete:-) Stephanie has a wonderful knack for making gifts very personal and putting them all together, doesn't she?? She takes a lot of time and care in picking out exactly what a person likes. beautiful bag.. I am sure you will be proud to carry it! and the journal is lovely too.
And how you finished her quilt.. that was a lovely story! I am so honored to know you both.
What a great mail day!! love all your goodies - especailly the pinwheel bag that Stephanie made for you!
ReplyDeleteDang Carrie....those are some pretties!! What a sweety for your to help her like that....I've got a whole Piece & Plenty BOM that I haven't started yet......hmmmmm....
ReplyDeleteStephanie's work is fabulous. Her technique is great. So is yours! You are both 2 of my favorites. Good for you. Love what you got.
ReplyDeleteAwsome goodies .... am really eyeballing that pinwheel bag .... I'm also a big fan of pinwheels!
ReplyDelete