Monday, January 26, 2009

One more BOM

Our local quilt shop is having the $5.00 BOM again this year. There are three choices: red and white, black and white, and blue and white. They allow you to pick two, so I went with the red & white and the black & white.

Look what I found on the selvage of one of the fabrics. I have seen a lot of selvage projects being made since I have been blogging so I am collecting the selvages too.

I have made a couple of pincushions but if you want to see some really great things made with the selvages check out the Selvage blog. You will be amazed. One day I might make something amazing.
Here is another applique block from one the ladies in the bee. Isn't it wonderful? This is a pattern from Kristen Steiner.
I appreciate you all going to visit my new blogging friends. I was so excited when you ladies started visiting my blog. I am really enjoying getting to know you all. Geri's is really new to blogging. Her blog is only two posts old. She does all her work by hand. Mabye when you have time you and say hi and check out her applique cardinal. It is as beautiful as this little guy that was in my backyard.
With Passion, Carrie P.

Every artist was first an amateur. Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 comments:

  1. That cardinal is just breathtaking on that stone wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Csardinal is stunning, such a contrast against the masonry wall. Kristen Steiner is one of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful applique basket and flowers! What a great selvedge. Wondering what you'll make with your selvedges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I love how you put your selvages in the mason jars! I have a blue mason jar that I keep all of my clipped "dog ears" in - it gets more and more colorful as it fill up! Your "bee" ladies continue to amaze, and I love the cardinal - wish we had them here in the NW!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pincushions! Very cute. I've still not entered the world of selvedges (other than to cut them off and throw them out). But you are right-- there are some amazing projects out there... have you seen the selvedge dress?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the selvedge pincushions...I'm saving them now but haven't made a project with them as of yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm relatively new to quilting and as of today, blogging too! I love handwork and am really getting into applique. I've already learned so much from your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cardinal is amazing. I've never seen a cardinal in Utah. We used to have all kinds of birds in PA but Utah - not so much. Love that. The selveges are so fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardinal is gorgeous...oh what a beautiful red. Incredible applique basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun that you have Cardinals. We do not! Of course I would love him, he is RED! We do have exotic Yellow headed black birds here...one year there were 19 in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooouuuu....I would love to find a selvage that said 'Japan'! That red fabric and Mr. Cardinal look like a matching pair....sure wish I could attract a cardinal to my yard. Another eye pleasing applique, now I must go check out the new blog. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful black and red fabrics! I thought about saving selvages when I first started seeing those cute pincushions pop up around blogland. The thought quickly vanished from my mind when I realized the time it would take to join them together. Thanks for the link to the Selvage Blog...I just might be inspired to start collecting selvages after all. Maybe. LOL
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the appliqued basket - very pretty and the red cardinal is such a treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carrie,
    I just found your blog, and am excited to discover someone else with a love of applique. Beautiful work, both your own and your students.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The salvage blog is interesting. Your new fabrics are a good choice. I can't wait to see what you are making.

    I've never seen a red cardinal. What a pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your little selvage pin pillows! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.