Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day number Five

Yes, today 52 years ago I was born on February 24, 1957.  
My number five gift from sweet Stephanie.  Her and I would talk and share crock pot recipes during the first part of winter and look she made a special recipe book of recipes.  The birthday card is one she had on her blog on Tea Talk Tuesdays.  I think  I am going to find a frame for this card.  It is to pretty to put my "special card" box.  Thank you for the fifth time, Stephanie. Really five times is not enough.  Stephanie, you have made this birthday very special.  Thank you to infinity!!
Look what else I received in the mail yesterday from Terri.  One of those cute little angels she had on her blog a while back.  It will hang in my sewing room.  I would have loved to have seen the quilt before it was all cut up.  Look at those cute little prairie points!  And speaking of prairie points, come back to tomorrow because I will have a tutorial about making the two color prairie points. Thank you to infinity too, Terri.  So sweet of you.  Everyone go over wish her "Get well" wishes.  She is sick today.  Get well, Terri!

Because it is my birthday and after this post I will have four more posts to be at 100 posts, I am going to have a giveaway.

Applique Giveaway
Non-Applique Giveaway
So here is what you need to do: When you leave a comment tell me which one of the giveaways you would like, the applique or non applique.  I will take each name and the giveaway that you want and put them in two containers and on February 28, my husband's birthday, he will draw two names.  You know the drill, you must leave a way for me to contact you if you win and you must tell me which giveaway you would like.

With Passion, Carrie P.

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.

77 comments:

  1. Non-Applique for me. Happy Birthday Carrie. Many happy returns. That is really cool that you are giving a gift for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Carrie Dear. Happy Days will come to you all year. If I had a wish that wish would be - a happy happy birthday to you from me! How fun. I don't think I could choose applique or non applique. Too hard! I like both.

    I hope it is a marvelous day for you. Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She would have been 91. She's in a happy place I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Carrie. Happy birthday to you! Do you hear me singing across the miles?

    Birthday gift number 5 sure takes the cake...I mean crock pot. I've been waiting with bated breath to see what it would be.

    Applique for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday! i'm so glad you got your angel...☺...

    i would love to be entered into your drawing...how about the applique one? i want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Carrie. Hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! I'm making the Angel Chicken tonight for dinner. I hope you enjoy the recipes. Oh non-applique for me, but you already know that. A selvedge pincushion. Yippee! Guess what...my husband's birthday is Feb 28 too! Maybe it's an omen and I'll win. :o)

    Isn't that the cutest angel? Love her prairie point skirt. Terri is so thought and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, and here's wishing you many happy returns, too! You have such sweet friends. That angel is darling. (Applique for me, please!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Carrie you spring chicken. I am an applique girl, but really don't mind.
    Pleased you have been having a lovely buildup to your special day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday and blog anniversary to you Carrie.
    Such a decision to have to choose which give away I would better; I guess I have to say the non-applique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Carrie. I hope that you have a wonderful day. Please put me in the applique give away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! I wish you a very good new year!

    I like to win the Give away 1 = the applique give away.

    Greeting Guilitta from germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Very Happy Birthday to you, Carrie! May the Bluebird of Happiness bless you with many more!
    And what fantastic giveaways you have! If I had to choose it would be the applique!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Carrie, Stehpanie outdid herself, those are great gifts. Doesn't it make you feel great to give when you are celebrating. Love the applique giveaway.
    I hope you have a good week and just celebrate all week long.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sweet angel. Please include me in your give away. applique please. thanks
    Lizz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! Applique for me! What a good idea to have a give-away for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!!

    Oooo, I can't decide! I guess I want to go for the non-applique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, Carrie. I hope you have a terrific day.
    Applique for me. Thanks
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to you Carrie - I've been enjoying your blog. I can't pick, so if I win, send me what's left! Thanks for hosting.
    Lisa
    mistyfuji {at} yahoo {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday for yesterday :-) Stephanie has made it one to remember, what a thoughtful girl!! Must give her my address....
    Lets go with the non applique, thanks for sharing.
    And your little 'bathtime' block is very cute :-)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  20. A big huge Happy Birthday blog hug to you Carrie! You and your husband get to celebrate all week! Put me in for the non applique...until my skills improve on the applique side. That angel is you, right? Never mind...I know it is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carrie! And Happy early birthday to your Husband. Today is my son's 15th birthday and my cousins 62nd birthday! So it is birthday's all around! It is applique' for me! I love applique'!
    Have a very Blessed Day,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday...hope you have a great day! Applique' for me if I win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday, Carrie!!! May your next year be the best one yet! :)

    The recipe book is too cool. That Stephanie is just too much. What an awesome treat! And how sweet of you to be giving away gifts on your birthday. Applique or non-applique-- both look fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday - my new-found Blogger-cyber-friend. May you make special memories today.

    Gift on Day 5 from Stephanie is just another wonderful gift from her heart.

    If I were to choose, I'd say non-applique.

    However, I would have stopped by anyways to visit AND to wish you a Special Day today.

    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday!!!!

    I hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carrie....1957 was a grand year I was also born that year....Happy Birthday to you, I do hope you have the best day...I am sure you will recieve lots of prezzies....non applique thankyou...very generous giveaways..enjoy your special day

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to you! My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, but I went into labor with her on this date sixteen years ago. Have a wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well Carrie.....Happy..Happy to you....I am just a 'wee' bit older
    than you, just a little. In my
    'minds eye' I'm still about '30'!!
    How about you???
    I guess I will go for the Non-applique please. So glad you are
    getting on up there in your posts. I'm not far behind you!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've had a Birthday...shout hooray!! I want to sing to you today...one year older and wiser too!! (clap) Happy Birthday to you!! I don't think I could choose either!! I should pick applique, cause I just learned how..but I love the non-applique too!! I'll let you pick because it's your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday. It is also my grandson's 13th birthday today.
    I would love the Non-Applique Giveaway. I hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday to you!! As many times as I've said I have all these applique projects piling up....I best request NON applique at moment!

    Love that selvage pin cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday--You are so sweet to give away gifts on your own birthday! I like the non-applique.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday to you!!!! what a celebration, your gifts are all nice, the quilted angel is my favorite, so cute.
    What a fun way to celebrate with a give a way. If I was so lucky to win, applique would be my choice.
    Hugs, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Birhtdy to you,
    Happy Birhtdy to you,
    Happy Birthdaayyyyyyyyyyy Dear Carrie
    Happy Birhtdy to you!!

    To bad you really cannot hear me sing, I really should be on American Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy birthday, Carrie!! I turned 50 on Feb 21st and have a giveaway on my blog too. :-)
    If I win I'd *love* the applique gifts...they look LOVELY!!
    Thank you for having a giveaway, it brightens the day with hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I hope you had the most happiest of Birthdays!!

    I would love to win the non-applique prize, what a lovely selection.

    Thanks for the chance.

    Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy birthday!!! I'd like the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  38. A very Happy Birthday to you!

    I love to applique so that would be my choice.
    libertythreads@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Birthday! I love applique and would love to be entered in your drawing. I'm a regular reader, you're on my Bloglines! =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Birthday Carrie. Of course it's applique all the way for me. I'm new to this blogging thing so I'm logged in to a different email than I really have.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Birthday Carrie! I like the applique offering. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy Birthday!!!!!
    oh my that is so nice of you to give a way a present for your birthday.
    hard to chose, I would love the non applique one , thanks!
    Tell Terri I think her angel is adorable.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Carrie, you know I must have the applique! You are kind, two give aways!!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Birthday to You! Wishing you many blessings. Please put my name in for non-applique. shaunsnews@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh,happy day......I hope that your day was a special one!!!
    Non-applique for me.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I prefer the non-applique.
    Thanks,
    slmartin(at)vtc(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Happy Birthday - came over from Squash House. Did you see her Halloween stitchery? It is beautiful!

    I will pass on the giveaway. Lovely idea but I just wanted to wish you a great birthday - with passion.

    ReplyDelete
  48. OH HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! I love both giveaways, but I think I like the applique one a stitch or two more!

    Hope you have a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  49. drats Carrie.. I missed your Birthday..Happy birthday my applique friend!! I hope you had a wonderful day..with you and DH so close are you all going to do something special??
    Applique for me if possible, when we are at work the person who has their birthday has to bring the cake... it is better that way then you get the flavor you like..LOL
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  50. A very happy birthday to you, Carrie! Thank you for the chance to win your giveaway. I like both giveaways! If I win, you can choose which to send me!

    I am looking forward to your prairie points tutorial! Thanks for doing it.

    dfuller55 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Happy Birthday Carrie! I pick the applique giveaway! Thanks for sharing a giveaway on your birthday. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your 100th post coming up.
    I will say applique since I have never done any and it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Can I change my mind to non-applique? lol Maybe I am not that brave yet?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Happy Birthday Carrie! I'm sorry that I didn't tell you yesterday. I hope that you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Happy Birthday week! I just found your blog and it's lovely to see some applique. In fact I think you've inspired me to get out my thimble this afternoon ! That looks like a fun applique pack.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I was sewing the day away and missed your birthday - here I am with belated wishes. I hope it was a wonderful day!

    A giveaway for your birthday - how much fun is that! Please, please toss my name in the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Happy Birthday to you! What lovely giveaway items you have - please enter me in your draw. I like the applique best.
    Congratulations on nearly 100 posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy Birthday to YOU! Please enter me in the applique giveaway.
    goldbeacher@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  60. Happy Birthday. I have the applique pattern so I would just love the non -appliqued one.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great idea giving a gift for your birthday. I'd like the non applique. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  62. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great birthday. It sounds like you did. Missed you at Bee today but you are so busy I do not see how you make it to everything and get all of the projects done that you do. I am busy working on my different applique projects and always looking for more. I did finish the top and back of #6 UFO and now I just have to quilt it. I am going to try my hand at machine quilting it myself. Now there is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Happy Birthday Carrie! Stephanie and Terri sure are sweet.

    I'd like to be entered in your non-applique giveaway.

    Congratulations on your almost-100th post!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  64. Carrie,
    Happy Birhtday to you.......I hope you had a great day.
    Please put me in the APPLIQUE drawing...........Your little angel is adorable.......Amy

    ReplyDelete
  65. happy bday, applique for me. luv2knit@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Happy Birthday.
    Love that angel.
    Thanks for the chance to win--non applique.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Happy Birthday to You!
    Thanks for the giveaway. That's so thoughtful of you! I love the non-applique fabric, so I'll have to pick that one, although I love the little felt heart pincushion. So homey and warm!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  68. Happy (late!) Birthday! Please add me to your giveaway and if I'm one of the lucky winners, I would like to pick the applique giveaway.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  69. For me the Applique Giveaway. It is very nice that you are giving a gift on your own birthday.

    I am just beginning with quilting and just had my basis workshop. I am so glad with your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good day. I would choose non-applique.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Happy Birthday to both you and your husband. Non applique for me please. What a lovely gift to others for your birthday. Thank you.
    DianeH
    laura84watt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hi Happy birthday to your hubby today. Hope I'm not too late. I like the applique prize if I'm lucky enough to win.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi Carrie! I came over after I got your email about the Japanese lady and was catching up here. Happy Belated Birthday! The wishes and blessings are still the same. ;) What fun gifts you got. As far as the drawing, were I to win, either would be fab!
    Teri <3

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.