Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tea Swap Surprise!

My tea swap surprise came in the mail yesterday from Darlene!!When I opened the box this is what I saw.  Do you see that binding?  What does that mean?
I took out this very pretty box and inside was...
was a combination tea pot and tea cup and saucer.  Notice the two handles.  I have never seen anything like that before. It is so cute!   Darlene explained it is my tea party for one.

Next I opened the little box with the cupcakes all over it.  Inside was the cupcake shaped pincushion.  Notice the little pin on top that is also a cupcake.  Too cute and no calories.  I also received the little tea pot and key chain with a spool of thread on it.
And look here is what that binding was on.  A quilt for me!!!!  I just can't believe it. It is a tabletopper and I have the perfect place for it.  Click on the picture and look at all the different fabrics with tea pots on them.
Here is a closeup of the center of the quilt.  I am just blown away by your gift Darlene.  Thank you a hundred times over. You are so sweet to make this for me.

With a heart full of gratitude and passion,   Carrie P.

A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.   Oliver Wendell Holmes

 

37 comments:

  1. From my heart to your heart -
    enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic, wonderful, awesome. I LOVE the teapot fabric in your quilt and I just love everything. What a terrific theme...a tea party for one. Lovely gifts from Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful gifts from darlene! wow - hasn't this been fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Carrie, you must have been a very good girl to get such wonderful gifties. How fun is that!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tea party for one, love the tea pot and of course the table topper is beautiful, love the fabric. such sweet and thoughtful goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh.. I have been travelling through all tea swap blogs and I just feel so happy to see all the wonderful things made...and your package from darlene is absolutely fantastic...I just love the teapot/cup... sssoo cute..:o)
    Enjoy your teatimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What great gifts! The quilt is beautiful and I LOVE the tea pot and cup. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo what lovely teapots! A gorgeous table topper too. How fabulous! My daughter has a little teapot/cup for one the same and uses it a lot. What a wonderful parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The teapot and cup are georgeous,I'm sure you will enjoy many cups of tea and think of Darlene each time you do! The quilt is also great. I love teapots and have most of my Grandmothers collection.Bobbin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a nice swap gift you got.....LUcky girl. Hope you enjoy all of it.........Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This absolutely was from Darlene's heart to yours Carrie. You can just see the thought that went into these gifts.

    Lucky gal! Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful...Darlene was good to you! It's so fun to see the tea swap packages being opened all over blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Such wonderful treats-- and that quilt is just lovely (all those teapot fabrics are so cute!). It looks like this has been a really fun swap for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - Darlene's gifts are fantastic, Carrie! I just love the tea party for one!! What a fun swap!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carrie I just love your Tea Party for One...what a sweetie Darlene is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great swap partner you had! Wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely gifts from Darlene! there have been some great "reveals" so far for this swap....can't wait for my parcel to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carrie that was a wonderful gift.
    I hope you are enjoying it.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made out very well and loved the pillow you gave Darlene! Good Job gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a bunch of fabulous loot. It looks like it was a very fun swap. I love the treasures you sent to Darlene as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely presents sent and received......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Carrie,

    Thanks for the compliments on my quilt. Here in Belgium I use such teapots all the time. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fabulous gifties! I love them all. You can have a tea party just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darling!! How nice of Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a great surprise from Darlene! Isn't she the sweetest! I LOVE what you made and sent her too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What wonderful swap goodies, and a quilt too!!! You lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What lovely swap goodies!! This has been such a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a positively precious package! Enjoy your tea party... such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such lovely teapot fabrics in a sweet little quilt! I just saw a tea party for one -set at my sister-in-law's when we visited her in Germany. Very parctical and pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the sweetest collection one could even put together, let alone part with. Darlene - you REALLY outdid yourself. The entire giftbox is OVER the top with thoughtfulness.

    And, where on earth did the fun teacup fabric come from? My goodness, that is just adorable.

    Carrie - can I join you for tea? I'll even bring the brownies....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. What wonderful gifts! I love the teapot and teacup for one. And the quilt is just lovely. You two sent each other such special gifts! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well I decided to read a little further down, and oh my gosh, what a stunning package you received from Darlene. I aodre the teapot/cup combo and that little teapot looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful gifts, such pretty fabrics! The teapot is gorgeous, I love it! And also the tiny one, so cute! Your gifts were also lovely, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Darlene did a great job as well as you did. Your stuff was wonderful too. Both of you scored big time. It's always a good thing when a swap turns out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW, WOW, WOW you hit the jack-pot! That is the most fun giftever! I have seen those little tea party pots for one...I don't even drink tea and I wanted one! I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.