Monday, April 20, 2009

A New Monday

My busy week is over. This week I just have my BOM to go to and my applique bee. So I should be able to work on some projects this week. I really need to get back to my Aunt Millie's Garden blocks. I have started picking out some fabrics so I will have something to work on at the bee.

Last Monday I mentioned that I attended a workshop with Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville. She was also our speaker for the evening at our quilt meeting. I am going to share some the members Show and Tell and some of Bonnie's great scrap quilts.






These next photos are of Bonnie's creations. It really amazing what she can do with a pile of scraps. She brought a varied collection of quilts but these are just a few. If you want to see more of her work check out her website.


We have a fellow blogger in our midst who needs a word of encouragement. Her name is Brenda and she has been affected by some floods in New Hampshire. If you have time, go over and send her a word of cheer. 

Barbara Dieges has published another flower BOM. Check it out and also look at the gallery of blocks that other people have done. Beautiful!!

With Passion, Carrie P.

Happiness is something that comes into our lives through a door we don't remember opening.


19 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful eye candy this morning. The quilts are so pretty....I think the green one is my favorite...or maybe the pink one LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the quilt show! Thank you for sharing.
    And a big thank you for putting me onto Brenda Dierge's website. I don't know if I have ever been there before. I ordered the two CD's of past BOM designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts...and thanks for the link...I'm going to go back now and print off the block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scrap quilts too but have never made one....her system does make it look easy (if everything is already cut into usable untis etc)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, the third pic is my favorite...i want to do a quilt of teeny-tiny squares some day! ☺ bonnie's stuff is awesome...lucky you to get to see her in person...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun for you. Bonnie has such a good variety of designs and styles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have been able to attend the workshop. I love scrap quilts and am not sure why I haven't made more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie is absolutely amazing, isn't she? I can spend literally hours on her website. She is so sharing with her information and her quilting knowledge is endless.

    Thanks for sharing all the incredibly beautiful quilts, Carrie. Guess you'll be proping your feet up this week, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Than you for sharing all those wonderful quilt photos. The quilts are fabulous. I really need to get back to doing some machine pieced quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More wonderful show and tell! Thanks, Carrie!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!! what a great event for your guild!! looks like a great trunk show by Bonnie
    I love the applique designs bdesigns makes everymonth..they just get better and better. Hard to believe since they are all gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased you had a great time! Those quilts are just beautiful! I am quite intrigued with the top photo...it's quite striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recognize those quilts and scraps. LOL So...you have a calmer week ahead and now I'm expecting lots of show and share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the scrap quilts, great show. I wouldn't have enough scraps to do that many!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really hate I missed Bonnie's class. That work thing really gets in the way sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that second quilt...I may use that for my Eye Spy quilt. Just out of curiosity...how long does it take you to do the tisket/tasket block and what kind of scissors do you use for the cutting....tiny?

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.