Friday, April 24, 2009

Quilt Show

Before I show you some quilts from the show I just want to show you my Tisket, A Tasket block. I used some of the bamboo thread for the ribbon. It sews fine. I like the little bit of sheen that it has. It does the same thing as DMC floss which is that it frays at the end as you pull it through the fabric but not really bad at all. I am going to add one of those tiny buttons to the rabbits collar too.
I had a great time with the ladies at the applique bee yesterday. I will show you some of their works later.
While I was working at the quilt show I had the privilege of meeting Mary from Quilt Hollow. It was fun meeting her and she has a great blog so check it out sometime. She does some great machine quilting too.
This is the quilt I entered in the show. I won an honorable mention ribbon. Aren't the ribbons great?
Here is some of the show. I think there was about 100 quilts entered in the show. Enjoy!












With Passion, Carrie P.

Nothing happens unless first a dream.  Carl Sandburg

41 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt you have there, congratulations. The word verification this comment is winor, how funny!
    Thanks for sharing some of those great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you received a ribbon, you are right they are so cute, congrats, of course I love your block and was wondering about that thread. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful inspiring stuff! thank you for sharing...and i'm glad you got a ribbon...you deserved it...☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can well understand why your quilt won a ribbon. Congratulations!
    Thank you for posting photos of some of the quilts from the show. Especially the applique ones.
    And how nice that you got to meet Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good decision by the judges; congrats on the ribbon.
    Love your bunny basket. Thanks for sharing about the thread. I am almost done with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the ribbon and thanks for sharing the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny and chick block is so sweet. Love the blue of your bamboo floss. Yes, very pretty ribbons and lots of beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carrie! Your quilt is sooo beautiful...I have not seen it before...how could I have missed it. Those bright colors are right up my alley. That looks like a blue ribbon quilt to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on you ribbon, your quilt is just great; it was a fantastic show! Well done, everyone. I love your Tisket block, it's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful! I agree the ribbons are pretty as well. Thanks for sharing the other quilts - it must have been a great show with wonderful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie you won 1st prize in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes...what a great ribbon...especially with it pinned to one of YOUR quilts...it's lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to go back and have a closer look at your quilt - the quilting is marvelous!! I like the echo quilting in the borders. The appliqued flowers are so happy :0) I hope you have a special place to hang this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your quilt Carrie and I'm so happy it was recognized by the judges. Your Tisket block is wonderful. Everytime I see on made up I just know that I am going to make them....someday.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie,
    Wow, thanks for the quilt show, yours is just awesome. Love how colorful. Your basket block is so full of creative fabrics and embelishments, it turned out so nice. Love it. How fun to meet Mary, sounds like you had a very fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet April basket and I love the quilt you entered in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilt pics are awesome from the basket onto the show! I love that pictorial with the girl at the ocean edge.
    Tomorrow is our quilt show in San Luis Obispo, California. I am so excited!
    Thanks for sharing, I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carrie - congratulations on your honorable mention - what a gorgeous quilt! Thanks for the show and tell, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got to see a few close up as we were helping to take the show down. They were all great! Like the bunny block too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved your little bunny in the tisket basket, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your T-A-T block is wonderful as is your quilt. How deserving for you to win a ribbon for your quilt, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. A whole lot of talent there!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilt is just wonderful....I love it. Also the little fussy cut egg in the basket is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the quilt show. I love yours best! I am going to make that quilt...I was looking at it in the book last night thinking I should start gathering fabrics! Yours is just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the soft colors in your applique block. Your work is beautiful and so is the quilt that you entered. The ribbons are really cute:)How fun to get one...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carrie, your needleturn is BEAUTIFUL!! The bamboo thread sounds lovely, will have a look for some. I love the quilt that has those little houses inside the fan blocks...quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Carrie, Your Tisket block is darling!! And your quilt is beautiful!! You're right, the ribbons are too cute..lucky you to get one! Oh, and I've not heard of bamboo thread.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful quilt!!! You really deserved that ribbon! Thanks for sharing the pictures,so much to see!
    Your Tisket block is lovely! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your Bunny Hill block. And your quilt from the show is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Carrie, your quilt is wonderful. The applique is fantastic and the colors are so vibrant. Congratulations on winning a ribbon.
    Did you hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hmmm. Well not to be rude about the other quilts in the show.. they were all lovely.. but I really think yours should have a ribbon of blue.
    Anyways.. LOVE your tisket basket.. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! You do such beautiful work! Congratulations on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Carrie on your award, the quilt is fantastic....and your block is lovely I like your choices if fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You brought back memories of not so long ago! I agree with all...your quilt was even pretty in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for sharing the quilt show! I love the creative ribbons! So much more fun than the standard mass produced ones!

    I also love the quotes at the end of each post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations...your applique quilt is fantastic...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, I love all the quilt photo's but that 30s nine patch is devine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That quilt you made is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great pictures, great quilts, great talent. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Holy cow! I'm feeling inspired now. Such beautiful eye candy! You have some seriously talented and gifted guildmates. Many congratulations on your ribbon! Your quilt is just lovely. (And your basket block is too cute... the button on the collar is going to be perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your quilt is beautiful, Carrie, and I'm glad to hear that you won honorable mention. The other entries are fabulous too!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.