First of all let me wish you all a Happy Memorial Day! and say a great big thanks to all who have served and fought for our country.Now for an update on my elbow. The doctor did confirm that I do have tendinitis in my elbow. I will be seeing a physical therapist next week. I believe he will be doing some cortisone patches and of course some therapy. My doctor wants me to wear some wrist braces that keep my wrists from bending which in turn helps the tendons up my arm. I have to wear them day and night. I look forward to seeing the physical therapist because every time I have had to visit him he has really helped with the healing of the body parts that are in pain and not functioning right.
The doctor did take X rays to check for arthritis or calcium deposits and that all looks good. So here I come physical therapist and will be on way to having proper mobility.
Thanks again for all your care and concern. I really do appreciate it.
Here is a picture of part of a small table cloth I found at an antique store the other day. This pattern is embroidered on all four corners. You know I had to have it with the bluebirds on it.
This flower is embroidered on the four straight sections of the table cloth.
Check out this photo. Three new bluebird eggs in the tidy nest.
This past Wednesday the quilting bee that I belong to had our annual spring picnic. This year we met at one of the ladies beautiful home. It was the most beautiful day ever. This is the entrance to her home. Part of her home is an old log cabin built in the eighties. The other part of her home is a new addition which is just beautiful.
This is the quilt on the front porch.
Stacks of quilts on a small loft.
Here is a wall of her sewing room which is on the second level. I tried to take a picture where she sits to sew because the view out the window was so great but it did not turn out but take my word for it, it is a great place to sew.
More of her beautiful quilts.


Have a very enjoyable holiday weekend.
With Passion, Carrie P.
Every garden has its weeds; they are merely a sign of life and growth. There's no need to resent the weeds in your life... they help you to truly appreciate the flowers.
WOW the quilting on that last picture!!!! This is definately the home of a quilter!!
ReplyDeleteHooray that Dr had positive info for you. PT is hard but will worth the work.
Crispy
Carrie, those wrist braces really do make a difference.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great long weekend.
Wishing you relief soon. I know you're wanting to get back to your applique. Beautiful tablecloth. Oh your friend's home is gorgeous. I'm sure it was a perfect day.
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie, such great news on your elbow, at least you know what has to be done and it can be cured.
ReplyDeleteThe ladies log home is beautiful, and she has done some gorgeous quilts.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
Hope you start to feel better soon. Boy do I wish I had a room like that.
ReplyDeleteDoes your friend have room for me to move in? I love the log cabin part of the house and the quilt on the porch.
ReplyDeleteGood news about your elbow. Relief is on the way for sure.
ReplyDeleteLove the embroidered tablecloth. It brings back loving memories of my Gram.
The quilts are amazing. What a talented lady!
Have a super weekend, Carrie!
Thanks for sharing all of your friend's beautiful quilts! I'm glad to hear you are making progress with your elbow.
ReplyDeleteThank your friend for letting you share her home and quilts with us. She is a very beautiful quilter. Also, I'm glad that your elbow will get better.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on the elbow...hope relief is just around the corner. Such a great post...the eggs...the quilts, the precious home...every single one of those quilts were great design and quality. Great post.
ReplyDeleteHappy news to hear that healing is on the way for your much needed elbow. The embroidery piece is beautiful. I love the bluebird on it.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on the elbow front! I love the cloth with the bluebirds, what a find, I'd have snapped it up. Beautiful quilts today, just loved them all.
ReplyDeleteGood news for your elbow! The quilts are beautiful! I love the quilt on the front porch.
ReplyDeleteCarrie, what a gorgeous place to quilt, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you've gotten your diagnosis and can now do what is necessary to bring healing to your elbow. I found that wearing my wrist brace to bed brought the quickest healing - I think we must twist our wrists a lot when we're asleep which in turn delays healing, and the brace prevented that.
Your bluebirds are so sweet...I know why you love them so. :-)
God bless you with your healing!
Who's the friend? I need to meet her and gosh...I'm just a hop, skip and jump away!
ReplyDeleteAlso I'm bummed your still not healed! Sending get well wishes for a soon to be recovery!!!
Thanks for sharing this amazing quilt photos. Your friend looks like she lives in a slice of heaven!
ReplyDeleteSharon
Carrie, sending you good wishes that your tendonitis gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be right as rain in no time. Physical therapy does wonders--and so does the wrist guard.
ReplyDeleteYour friends home is gorgeous!
What a beautiful studio... you are right!
ReplyDeleteI hope your elbow heals fast :o) Take care!
I hope the therapy goes well for you. Glad you got some good news at the doctor's.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, such lovely quilts. Quite an awesome home! Thanks for sharing that great space.
Glad you are going to the PT next week, I hope he can help some of your pain so you can get back to your passion. The pictures are wonderful, both the embroidery and quilting space/quilts. I so enjoy seeing how others set up their sewing space.
ReplyDeleteOh, the tablecloth is so pretty. Love the bluebird, too. And, the quilts... great quilts. Hope the physical therapist will help your pain and you can enjoy applique and quilting for years to come.
ReplyDeleteYou meet with such talented ladies. Those quilts are beautiful. And what a home! It looks like the perfect place for a picnic.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that there's some good news concerning your elbow. Hopefully, the physical therapy will start working its magic quickly. :)
Good luck on the therapy. love the quilting room. Something to work for.
ReplyDelete