Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Back!


Well, here I am back with some news about what has been going on around here which has not been a lot.

First, I have to show you what I won from Fibber Babble. She was having a giveaway and I won this apron that she made from dishtowels. Pretty clever. And she sent two other goodies too. Thanks Tracy. It is always fun to win.


Two more signature blocks came in the mail.
I added some strips to the newest Christmas Love block that I have finished stitching.
Now it is time to get back to work, slowly. I will be sure to listen to my body when it is saying slow down. It will be good to do what I love.

I would like to thank Anonymous for the warning about the bats. We thought it was a very strange thing but did not even consider rabies. We will be sure to stay away from bats acting odd.

With Passion, Carrie P.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. Mark Twain


20 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your nice compliment. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take it easy and do listen to your body. The 'Christmas Love' block is lovely - looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo - you're back - I've missed you! I hope that your arm is better however take good care and don't over do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Ease in slowly and don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gald you back. I so enjoy reading your blog

    Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back Carrie!! What a great win and your block is beautiful...so warm and homey.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously? You'll be sure to stay away from the ones acting odd? I'm pretty sure I'd make it a point to stay away from the normal ones, too.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back. Cortisone shots are painful but usually worth it. Hopefully you will improve even more...just don't overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back...take it easy...but I can't wait until you are appliqueing again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Carrie. Would you like to play some tennis? (wink)

    Just K-I-D-D-I-N-G!

    And you're absolutely right about listening to our bodies. The little 'younger' voice inside us says we can but sometimes the body tells us how it wants to when we don't or won't listen.

    I just bet you feel like you have a new lease on life now that you can get back to your stitching.

    Take care my friend. We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome back.
    Does not take long to get the creative flow again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arm troubles are horrible!! Hope all goes well for many years of sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were missed, Carrie. Lovely to see you back. :-) {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not the same without you...we missed you for sure. Congratulations on your winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute apron and I love the Christmas block. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad your able to ease yourself back into the stitching. I hope you continue to improve. Congrats on you win, I like the idea of the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah glad you are back Carrie. We have missed you. How's your arm now? I hope you are managing to get back into your stitching.
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are on the mend. Take it slow. Really. Hard to do. That little birdie on the card is so incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you're back, Carrie! It's good you know to listen to your body - having been there I can sure relate!! Love the apron - so very clever!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so good to hear that you are feeling yourself again! And welcome back to blogland!

    And, oh-my-goodness... those ribbons!!! They're almost too pretty to use. I've been enjoying seeing the signature blocks too and how they showcase the makers' artistry... Such wonderful keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.