This first photo is what my husband gave me for Christmas. I actually requested it. This wooden bowl is the first bowl he has made. If you follow my blog you know that when we go to antique stores he looks for old woodworking tools. So with his tools he made this beautiful bowl for me. I am so proud of him.
Stina had a surprise giveaway on her blog. She just decided to draw a name from the comments on a certain post and I won. I was so excited to get a package all the way from Sweden. She made this oh! so cute snowman embroidery. Look at the bottom of the picture and you can see a scissor fob. It has beads and little wool strawberries.
She also made this wire angel with a wool heart. Such sweet gifts. Thanks so very much Stina. Love them all.
Look what Terri sent me. A pincushion and scissor fob with her fantastic crochet on them. A very nice surprise! Love these too Terri, thanks bunches.
If you read Nanette's blog you probably saw a box that was full of packages that she was sending out for Christmas. I was one of those recipients of her sweet little package. She uses the most fun fabrics and she sent me a little pile of them with some pretty rickrack wrapped around it. Take a look at the little fabric button with bees on it. Too cute! She made a pile of these sweet star ornaments too. Thank you very much Nanette for such a great surprise! (sorry the picture got twisted)
I won a giveaway at In Stitches! Did you play the Bingo game? It was fun! I won a gift certificate and I went straight away to the site and picked out some great stuff. I can't believe how quick it arrived at my house too. Thank you for picking my name. It was fun shopping at the Quilt Shoppe. They are having a Blow Out sale until the 31st. (sorry this one got twisted too)
My mom sent me some money for Christmas so I decided to go shopping at two of my favorite web sites. The first one came from The Quilted Crow which was having a sale. Look at the cute wool pattern. More thread for a punchneedle project.
The other web site I like to buy from is Colonial Crafts. They were having a sale too and are now having one on Christmas fabrics. I guess you figured out I like to buy at sales. Sherri just finished the Fresh Vintage quilt and I had to get the pattern. I bought some fabric for some embroidery projects. The little spools are Valdani three strand floss for a punchneedle project that I have designed my self. I will show it to later. I am going to try to get it drawn on the fabric this week.
Have a great last week of December. My husband is off this week so I am not sure if I will do another post this week. If not I will talk to you all next year.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. Charlotte Bronte
WOW you had a most wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the rest of your week :-)
ReplyDeleteLots of goodies to keep you busy in the new year. The bowl is beautiful! Hope you are enjoying the holidays and I wish you a very happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Carrie. I think you srtuck the mother lode with all your wonderful gifts.
ReplyDeleteThe trencher that your DH made is simply awesome. No wonder you ware proud of him because it is truly a work of art and a future heirloom for you family.
Thanks for sharing all your fantastic treasures and enjoy the rest of the week with your DH. Happy New Year to you all.
Though I don't believe in luck, you ARE the luckiest person I've met! Maybe you could just send me some little thing you've touched so I can touch it too. Did I say I don't believe in luck?
ReplyDeleteClearly, everyone knows what makes YOU hapy! Nice haul! Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteWow, lots of great projects ahead for you. Great gifts! And the bowl your husband made is gorgeous!! A very talented man.
ReplyDeleteYou have received some wonderful things in the mail! So many great projects for 2010! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous bowl! You received lots of pretty gifts that I know you'll enjoy. I did a little after the holidays on-line sale shopping too. Just waiting for their arrival!
ReplyDeleteCarrie the bowl is stunning. I would keep it in mu sewing room so I could use it everyday. Great gifts.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time with your son and fiance.
Carrie, your husband did a wonderful job on the bowl. What a treasure!
ReplyDeleteOh Carrie, all your gifts, wins and purchases are wonderful, but that bowl from your husband is really awesome! I love wooden bowls and have one a friend of my Dad's carved from a crab apple tree we had to cut on our property. Yours is a treasure. Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you received lots of quilty goodies this Christmas. Enjoy and Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have had a wonderful Christmas Carrie...love the bowl your DH made for you and you have some lovely projects for 2010..
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfully creative man you
ReplyDeletelive with Carrie...now that is my kind of bowl/tray!!!...It is just
wonderful!!
And what a 'goodie' parade...I loved everything....I may do a little shopping today too!!
Hubby did such a wonderful job on your beautiful bowl. My goodness - it's GREAT. You best keep around for awhile longer.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have some wonderful blogger friends, Carrie. Oh - I did see your name on In Stitches as a winner one day. Congrats.
Merry Christmas - again. LOL
Oh my goodness, Christmas goodies is right!! I love the bowl, it is so beautiful!! Your special gifts from friends, wonderful! Fun shopping and I played Bingo too. Yippee for your win!! I love Bingo, such fun. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful things!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year's Carrie--and I love that bowl--maybe "HUBBY" should make another one for a drawing?????
ReplyDeleteAnd all those "great" treasures you got--it all looks like a lot of fun you will be having in the new year using them!!!!
Hugs, DI
I love the wooden bowl, no wonder you're proud. What a lovely lot of goodies to show and tell, love them all. Happy new year.
ReplyDeleteWow - you had a good Christmas! Your bowl is wonderful and all the other goodies too. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteYes your husband's bowl is great. Nice to see you both are very talented. See you in 2010
ReplyDeleteGreat goodies. I made the mistake of buying my stuff, before the sale, duh to me.
ReplyDeleteDebbie
Goodness lots of lovely packages have arrived at your door. I can hardly wait to see the pattern you designed. Have a wonderful week with your hubby, that bowl is AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteCrispy
Wow!!! I think you are going to be very busy in the next few months!!! Wonderful gifts!
ReplyDeleteThe bowl is magnificent!
Happy New Year Carrie!
Carrie, the wood bowl is really neat, and so beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've designed for your punchneedle project. Enjoy the time with your husband.
ReplyDeleteYou made out like a Bandit! Lucky girl!!! You must have been a very, very good girl.
ReplyDeleteThat bowl is WONDERFUL! How great to have a craftsman so near. ;)
So many wonderful Christmas goodies! The bowl is just spectacular. And it looks like you got lots of other fun things to keep your creative juices flowing. Can't wait to see what you do in 2010!
ReplyDelete