Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas quilt!

I have finished the quilt I will be giving my oldest son and his wife for Christmas. This was the $5 BOM at one of our local quilt shops. There were three colorways you could pick from. I chose to do the black and white and the red and white fabrics. I have not put the red and white blocks together yet because I am going to add some redwork blocks to the quilt.

I had it machine quilted by Heritage Quilter. She also did the bright quilt that I finished for my daughter. The picture above shows the quilt before I washed it. Here is a close up of it washed and all ready to be wrapped up in.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year. Charles Dickens.


27 comments:

  1. Wow! Another beautiful finish. Your oldest son and his wife are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody is going to be thrilled come Christmas morning. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Doncha just love a quilt after its first wash? I think it goes from a technical marvel (or in some cases, not!!) to a snuggly piece of love at that time. Congrats on finishing this quilt, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now that's a family heirloom for sure. What a gorgeous quilt and and wonderful Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I will make a black and white quilt someday...and a red and white...and....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt - they'll love it! It looks so snuggly all washed up, that's one of my favorite parts of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Bravo! Well done! Love that funky flower border print. Here's to finishing many more beautiful quilts in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie....WOW.....your quilt is stunning, your son and DIL will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, black and white is a "classic" that anyone would love. I'm sure your son and DIL will cherish it.

    Oh, I REALLY like this pattern, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is awesome...well done Carrie...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love a Black and White quilt. I've got fabric stashed ready to make one (with a little bit of red too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful and they are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart!! It is stunning! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you really made that quilt for my son----it;s his color--only I need to add some musical items to it for him!!! You did a beautiful job on it--Have a fun day--Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful gift Carrie! I'm sure they will both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool quilt! You did a fantastic job on it and it will make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Quilt and your son and his wife will cherish it. Very nice quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow I really love that quilt!! There's something about black & white quilts that is so appealing.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love this quilt...it's stunning! My Mom loves black and white...so I always think of her when I see black and white quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love black, white and red, and this block is stunning! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Carrie, The emails are coming back so I just wanted to say thank you for all your visits and kind words, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful finish! The b&w is so striking, and the quilting looks lovely. It is sure to be treasured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful quilt! I've always wanted to make a black and white quilt. Maybe some day! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.