Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wedding quilt

I finally got the back for the wedding quilt done for my son who is getting married in July. The back of the quilt is the one with the polka dot half square triangles. The top is the other piece and I even got the binding made. So now it ready for the long arm quilter who I have contacted. Maybe it won't be too long before she calls me back to say she is ready for this quilt.
Look what we woke up to this morning. Eight inches of snow and sleet.
Hungry birds. The funny thing is that I never see the blue jays until it snows which is good thing because they can really clean out those feeders quick.
Our weekend will be spent staying at home where it is nice and warm.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

People may not remember what you said or did but they always remember how you made them feel. Author unknown

18 comments:

  1. The colors on the quilt look great Carrie.
    The snow also looks beautiful but I also know the cold behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got snow today too but I have to run errands. Would rather be inside sewing like you! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue/green colors but especially the polka dots. Have fun in the snow. I'm glad it missed us. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like interesting backing fabric! What a wonderful gift it will make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your polka dot look Carrie. The snow looks beautiful on the ground but I can imagine how cold it must feel. Enjoy snuggling up inside in the warm. Hope you are feeling good.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I see a cardinal on the bottom feeder. I know our birds here have a feeding frenzy whenever we have bad weather and it looks like they do the same south of us as well.

    Your son's wedding quilt is going to be very special. It looks wonderful from what I can see and I love the colors.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a tropical quilt and pretty colors. Can't wait to see what it looks like completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay warm, Carrie - I hope you are recovering well! :)

    We got snow too this weekend. Church is even canceled. So, we will stay put in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours in that quilt are fabulous! Oh Carrie eight inches of that stuff - I'm glad you're staying home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes...we are snowed in here! They don't clear the roads where I live and guess what? DH is to leave early in the am for the airport...how? I don't know!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your sons up coming marriage! You did get more snow then we did! You are closer to the Mountains I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a beautiful wedding quilt coming right up Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can admire that snow from your cozy home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love staying home when it's good and cold out - but we haven't had a good snow in I can't remember when. :( blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wedding quilt will be a very special one, I can't wait to see it finished, the colors are beautiful! Hope you had a warm, cozy and lovely weekend and I also hope your arm is getting better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is just lovely. Really love the dots with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see the finished product. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you've positioned the tropical quilt atop the snowy scene. :) I do not envy you the snow. But, it does make for some nice stitching weather. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.