Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thank you all for your kind words and Congratulating me on having a picture of a quilt of mine in the new Piece O' Cake pattern packet. I have been so excited about it.

I have been working on lots of little different things. I got some muslin yesterday to put sleeves on some quilts for the show. So now I need to make them. I decided to do some hand quilting on the flowers of the quilt I posted here .

I finally got around to finishing up the pineapple block from Linen Closet Quilts. The next block has come out so I need to get busy prepping the pieces for it. I am happy to say this is one BOM that I have kept up with so far. I am prepping circles for the mystery quilt I have been showing little parts of to you in past posts.
Check out the label I am going to put on my son's wedding quilt. I saved the selvages and top stitched them to some muslin. Then I took the Porthole designs of Allie's and combined them and embroidered them on the label. Now I will fill the rest in with the historical information and embroider it too. You can see Allie's Portholes quilt at Candied Fabrics. Allie was the featured artist on this blog. You can read her interview and see more of her great works.
My applique bee is meeting tomorrow so I am sure I will have some great applique to show you all in the next post.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. ~Charles Richards

20 comments:

  1. Oh Carrie I love those pineapples, good for you on keeping up with that bom. I haven't kept up with a single one this year!
    I am BLOWN AWAY by your label - what an honor to see that, Carrie, you did a gorgeous job on it! I love the selvages too, that is just inspired. I've never seen that done, it's so unique, and it makes a perfect label. You really bless me, dear one, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful label...and I saw your mention in the new Piece O Cake book too...I was going to e-mail you about that...so fun to see it in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I'm behind onmy bom's. I just got out my porthole designs last night, ater seeing yours and the link you had now I have to get to work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the lable too! How fun, how perfect and how unique. Do you mind if I steal your idea? It's "sew perfect".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric selection for the pineapple block is very good. I was keeping up with the quilt blocks but fell behind while recuperating from surgery. Pineapples are a favorite with me. I need to hop to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great label!

    OMG! Look at all those circles. You must be dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie,love your idea of the label using the salvages. I think I might even use this idea (which means I have to finish something first), really cool, thanks for sharing.

    I love it when you have your applique bee, usually means lots of wonderful pictures to motivate me again. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic label. That's the one thing I'm really bad about doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome label work there! I'm lucky if my quilts get one...I know, I know...shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the coolest label I have ever seen - I love it!!! What a wonderful gift to give.
    I really like your pineapple block too - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pineapple block Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pineapple block is wonderful. I decided to start a pineapple hanging today, so working on it. Love the way you did the label, very clever idea using the selvedges.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pineapple block is gorgeous, and the lable is very cool, what a great idea. Have fun with those circles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great label!! Love the pineapple block too. You are always so productive :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is so inspirational. I love to see all you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great pineapple block...and you are sooo clever in your label design....this is just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The label is so creative and unique. I love the palm tree swaying. And I have always been a fan of pineapples in colonial decor and this block is lovely.
    Looking forward to the show of appliques.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That label is going to be awesome! I love the wonderful mix of embroidery and the selvedges.

    Ugh. Sleeves. I also need to make one for my guild's upcoming show. Not really looking forward to it.

    I love the pineapple block. The fabrics are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness, you have been busy. i can't wait to see the applique.

    I want to let you know I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Congratulations! The award is for bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity. Thank you for the inspiration! Take a look at your award on my blog. http://yellowrosequilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carrie...I really like your applique block...I'm mean I really, really like it! Your label is very creative (sleeves and labels are my least favorite thing to do :o)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.