Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quilt Show

View the 28th annual Asheville quilt show held at the North Carolina Arboretum. This was my first time attending this show. There were 230 entries. Quilts were entered from 16 states. Fifty of the 230 quilts won a monetary prize along with a ribbon.
The Arboretum is a great place to have the show. My husband went exploring while I was in the show and then he showed me around. I will share some more pictures of the Arboretum later.
I know you want to see some quilts so here are some of them. This first photo is all I could get of this quilt. It was right at the entrance and it was always crowded with people.


Stare at this one too long and your eyes will start seeing it move.
This was another quilt that stayed crowded with people but here is the fabulous center of the quilt.



We are going to do some more exploring today. Maybe some quilts shops and antiquing, not sure. Please excuse me for not getting back to your comments right away but I will eventually. I have lots more to show later. Now we are off for some breakfast. Have a great weekend where ever you may be.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most.
John Ruskin


23 comments:

  1. Have a blast Carrie...I'll wait here for more eye candy. You snapped some photos of gorgeous quilts! I'm glad you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I also look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We are missing this show, but looks like we would have enjoyed it immensely. Your photos are always are perfect.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, beautiful quilts.
    I always so enjoy going to quilt shows - even virtual quilt shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I'd be hard pressed to know if I wanted to stroll the arboretum or slip inside for a peek at the quilts! The quilts are stunning! A perfect day in my book! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking us to the show. I'm sorry that I was unable to get there, but I am defiantly putting this on my list to do. Asheville is such a beautiful town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing quilts! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I actually bought the book to make that first quilt. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely mesmerizing!! I don't know how you all do these quilts...I probably would loose my mind !!
    Thanks for sharing...and I bet you go home all inspired to get quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing the photos with us Carrie.
    Hope you and hubby have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time Carrie! Thanks for sharing the beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great quilts...and what a perfect place to hold a quilt show!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a beautiful day. Thank you for sharing some really gorgeous quilts. I can tell you're enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous quilts....I enlarged the one of the center of the quilt and was amazed. Thanks for sharing and have a fun weekend...it is gorgeous in NE Ohio...not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie, thanks so much for sharing all the photos. The arboretum does make a wonderful place for a quilt show. And I love seeing the quilts. They are works of art!
    Keep on having a happy summer journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy nyour day Carrie. What a beautiful place that looked. Loved the quilts especially those first two photos, gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful quilts! Wonderful applique and I think I saw some handquilting too. Have fun exploring and I look forward to seeing more pictures :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH how gorgeous - my gosh the work involved - especially that first one, I love it! Carrie, don't ever fret about comments, you never have to reply my comments, I know you're there. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW beautiful quilts!! I love arboretums...sure wish I had gardens like they do :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely quilts and a lovely place to be!
    The quote goes perfectly to the post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carrie, just looking at your pictures is a humbling enough experience! I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had had the pleasure to be there in person! Just gorgeous work. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't Asheville fun? A little eclectic at times downtown, if you know what I mean but fun just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wow. Beautiful quilts!!! And the arboretum looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful eye candy! Thank your for sending these our way!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.