Monday, August 23, 2010

Shabby Roses

I finally got my Shabby Roses quilt finished. This was a BOM that Jenny of Elefantz generously shared with her readers. If you look close at the blocks I actually am calling my blocks Retro Roses because of the fabrics I used. The fabrics were a line called Tranquility by Sandy Gervais for Moda. Jenny gave me permission to create the "Retro" word in her style. What do you think Jenny? Thanks so much for sharing your talents and creativity with us. You are such an inspiration!
Here are some photos of the details on the blocks. Jill, a lady from my quilt guild, did the quilting on her home sewing machine. She did a fantastic job on the quilt. Thanks, Jill.



Here is the back of the quilt. I decided to use every bit of the fabric I had from the line to make the back of the quilt.
I also wanted to thank Michelle at The Desert Quilter for this award she bestowed on me. I am always honored when I get one of these blogger awards. You know there are rules for these awards and I always have to break them because I just can not pick 15 bloggers from my list to give this award to. You all deserve the award that is why I read your blogs.
I am supposed to tell seven things about myself. I am just going to tell you one thing about me. I am not a big "sweets" eater anymore. I used to be horrible about eating chocolate a lot. No more. Two things that I love that are sweet though is Good Ole' Southern Sweet Tea and Edy's Espresso Chip Ice Cream. I don't eat the ice cream much but I do drink the tea and I guess it satisfies my sweet tooth just right.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

All that I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely, Carrie and Jill did a fantastic job quilting it for you. I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Carrie! Your interpretation gives it a completely different look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt, Carrie. The fabrics you used give it an unique look. Your friend did a wonderful job of the quilting. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt--Jenny's creative patterns, your lovely stiching and sewing, and Jill's pretty quilting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out just lovely. I downloaded the patterns but never did anything with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the quilt is wonderful! Changing the 'flavor' of the fabric really makes a difference.

    OF COURSE I have the patterns all ready to go (even have the fabric!) but nothing's been started. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous in the retro fabrics, such beautiful stitching too, Carrie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a beautiful job on this quilt. Your stitcheries are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Shabby Roses quilt is just gorgeous Carrie! I love the fabric you used with it - perfect colors! For you I hope!!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie - this is beautiful. I love the 'Carrie touch' you added to the quilt. Great work!

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie it is just fabulous! I love the colors, very retro - this is just wonderful. I love that you pieced the back too, with the leftovers. The quilting is beautifully done. Excellent job!
    Congrats on your award too - you deserve every one you get!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such delicate stitches. I'm in awe of people who can do that. Simply lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Jenny is just a talented gem, isn't she? And she's the nicest person too. You beautifully interpreted Shabby Roses, and your quilter did a great job. Stitchery blocks aren't easy to quilt! It's a lovely, lovely piece. You can be very proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Carrie, it's gorgeous! I have downloaded some of Jenny's great patterns but trying to find the time to stitch them is the problem! One day...one day...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carrie what a gorgeous quilt. What beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Carrie what a super job, I love the quilt and the back, the quilting is beautiful too!
    Hmm, I will never be able to stop eating chocolate, good for my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt Carrie!! I love your retro fabrics for this quilt, much more striking IMHO :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember the blocks, the quilt looks wonderful, congratulations on such a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You quilt is lovely Carrie!! It's fun to see it in another colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun quilt! Great sewing, quilting, design, and fabrics. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how pretty--you did a beautiful job on Jenny's bom!!!
    It is funny--I am working on finishing the last of those bom blocks now that her other one for this year is done--and this time I got the top all put together and basted!!!!
    I also don't really eat much in the line of sweets---maybe it is because we are already soooo "sweet"!!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, love , love it!!! You've taken it to a whole new place with your fabric choice and it's absolutely DELISH!!!
    Thank you for thinking my designs were worthy to sew, Carrie. I am very honored and so blessed to see how beautifully it translated from one mind to another.
    Hugs
    Jenny
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carrie...your stitching is perfect and I really love the quilt. I'm also very impressed by the machine quilting and your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely Shabby Roses quilt! I love your version, after all those pink ones. Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about your quilt, Carrie! And to think it was quilted on a home sewing machine - beautiful!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Every line that Sandy Gervias puts out makes me smile. YOUR work compliments her fabric. And your back is just another compliment to your beautiful quilt front.

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing the photos of your gorgeous quilt. What a fabulous blog - I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carrie,

    Absolutely beautiful! Do you use back stitches for your stitchery, or stem stitches?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Retro Roses turned out beautifully! I love that you were able to make use of all the scraps on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty. :0) Congrats on being the GO winner.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.