Thursday, August 5, 2010

Take a Trip With Me

My husband and I decided to take a trip to the mountains of North Carolina.
We are in Asheville because my sweet husband is taking me to two quilt shows tomorrow. On our way up here we decided to take a detour and ride up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and head over to Mount Mitchell. The last three times we have been to Asheville the section of the parkway has been closed so we weren't able to get up to the mountain.
We took this short pathway to the top and the weather was delightful. 69* and breezy. As we walked up this path you could smell the pine as from a fresh cut Christmas tree. As we came back down the path we stopped at a bench and just sat to enjoy the pine scent.
As you can see there was lots of beautiful wildflowers and mountains.



This section of the parkway has quite a few tunnels.
When we got into Asheville we stopped at a restaurant called the Early Girl Eatery which was recommended by my son who used to live in Asheville. I had chicken with herb gravy, squash casserole and a broccoli salad. It was delicious.

After eating we did a little window shopping.
This window with all the stars is part of a bead store. My daughter loves to make jewelry so I went in and got her some beads and a seahorse charm.
All the colors of the rainbow just like fabric! And speaking of fabric, tomorrow I will try to show you some quilts from the show. So stay tuned.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. Seneca

25 comments:

  1. Oh its such a pretty part of the country......thanks for sharing the pictures of Mt. Michell I have never gotten there either after several tries.

    enjoy those quilts!

    Happy sewing and save travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think I live there!!! This part of the state is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the post. I loved the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour.I have been there and yes its beauitful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, a trip and quilt shows all in one! I've never been past Linville - one day I'll make it to Asheville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip sounds like so much fun. Have a great time. Our daughter goes to college in Raleigh but we have never been to Asheville. Maybe we can go there one time when we go to see her. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I have to get out if this concrete jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun at the shows. I plan to be there on Saturday and really enjoyed them last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandma always said "a change is as good as a rest" - she loved to travel around, although she was blind for 20 years! This is a gorgeous part of the country you're in Carrie, I hope you're having a WONDERFUL time! And what a guy, taking you to two quilt shows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh lucky you, beautiful part of our country and ah yes looking forward to the quilt show pictures!
    glad your having fun!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful pictures...thank you so much for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty. I heart mountains. I've been in that very bead store and bought one of those hanging star lights for Daughter Creations. Can't wait for more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh such pretty scenery!! I love the deep woods pine smell too :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such pretty scenery Carrie. Thank you for sharing the photos with us. I would have loved to visit that bead store!
    Looking forward to your quilt shows report and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed the trip - even from the back seat..LOL

    That short pathway actually looks like a wide sidewalk. It must have been quite narrow for a car.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go ahead and rub it in. 69 degrees! Are you kidding me! We're sweltering here in Okie country. On top of that we took a trip to Houston last weekend and it was 110 when we drove through Dallas. (at least that's what our car said). Glad you're having a good time. Looking forward to seeing the quilt pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2 quilt shows! Your husband is a sweetie! It looks like you're having a lovely trip. I look forward to seeing your quilt show pictures :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lucky lady! Such beautiful country and a quilt show too!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carrie, thanks for bringing back some lovely memories of being there quite a few years ago! The Blue Ridge parkway is so beautiful in any season! Can't wait to see the quilt photos!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful mountains! Thanks for sharing the pics. I've never been to the Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I noticed in all the above comments no one mentioned that delicious looking meal..lucky you!!
    The picture of the area are nice ...nice mountain shot!!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your trip, the countryside is so gorgeous and your photo's are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Ashville area Carrie! Thanks for bringing us along! I only saw it in spring and fall, so summer photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOO great pictures! I need to visit Ashville, I'm only a few hours away now.

    Safe travels and enjoy the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like the perfect weekend! And that chicken looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.