Friday, October 22, 2010

Orange!

I decided to join in Daisy's Colorful Friday again. This Friday is the color Orange as you probably figured out from the title. Not much orange around my house but it does show up in the fall.
Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue. There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger "love it" or "hate it" response than other colors. Fun and flamboyant orange radiates warmth and energy.

HOW THE COLOR ORANGE AFFECTS US PHYSICALLY

  • Stimulates activity
  • Stimulates appetite
  • Encourages socialization
"Orange is the happiest color." -- Frank Sinatra
"Orange" was the original scent of the orange colored Magic Scents Crayons from Binney & Smith Inc., introduced in 1994 with mostly food scents. However, there were numerous reports that children were eating the food-scented crayons, so the food scents were retired and replaced with non-food scents. The scent for the color orange after that time was "tulip."


With Passion,
Carrie P.

All information was taken from www.sensationalcolor.com

26 comments:

  1. Some interesting information in your post, Carrie. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your orange choices Carrie! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie thanks for the info. Love all your orange. Especially the rug hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie - orange is not a color I gravitate to - but I'm finding it to be a good 'color spot' (in small doses). Love the pumpkins in the first photo.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have much orange in my fabric stash, but I do love to see it in the fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie...I guess that orange is usally thought of as a fall color although I do have a shade of orange towels in my bathroom but more like the colors in the next to last photo!!
    I will be wearing a bright orange vest in another week to go for my walk because it will be deer hunting season here!!
    Very informative post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos, in particular the first one. Also enjoyed learning more from your informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in "orange" country so I should have known this info, but I didn't, so thank you dear Carrie!

    I never wear orange because I look very similar to a pumpkin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post! My parents had a very very orange kitchen. My mother wanted to brighten it up and painted the cabinets bright orange. It was like eating dinner inside of a pumpkin every night. Hence I don't have much orange in my house now either. But little bits of it, that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tulip???

    Orange is one of my favorite colors, though I don't wear it (it makes my face disappear!). But I'm apparently 'famous' for saying, "It needs orange!" at the shop!

    Funny thing? I don't think I actually use much orange in my own projects... but I can design some stunning combos for other people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange is so good for fall themes. I never have much true orange in my stash. More to the rust side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My house is red also, but I am an orange pumpkin person also... love the pix and great applique... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Carrie,
    What a fantastic post!!
    This is all very interesting and is that why I've been so hungry today and yesterday? *grin*

    I love orange!!
    It really does affect us in this way... there aren't very often 'unsure' feelings about the colour orange! Fantastic!!

    Gosh I'm enjoying our game and your photos are wonderful!!
    Thankyou for playing and for such a wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Orange is such a great color...very HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny how most of us said there isn't much orange around the house and then we go looking and find lots. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. ewww - what is that little pretty in the first picture????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the post and all of the orange. I think fall is the prettiest time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like orange but don't use it much in quilting...don't know why LOL.

    Lots of great info on orange Carrie :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the orange of this season! And it is fun to use a little in unexpected places all year long! Your little applique and rug hook projects are beautiful.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your orange post! I'm so drawn to the orange leaves and pumpkins in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What little orange you have looks great. And thanks for all the little tidbits about orange. Being a Clemson family, we have a lot of orange around the house, or at least in our dresser drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carrie, just found your blog via Teresa at Fabric Therapy. I love orange, I wear it a lot, (but it needs to be a dirty orange to suit my colouring!) I've found it hard to get good repro oranges though. Adore the little pumpkin in the basket - is it a hooked rug? best regards, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been loving orange lately! It really does radiate positive energy for me. I especially love the embellished tea towel(?) in the first picture... happy pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.