Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just in Time!

I cut it pretty close this year when it came to finishing up this Christmas gift for my daughter. I had won some fairy frost charms in a giveaway and my daughter loved them. So when I saw the Frosty Flakes Blocks on Dawn's blog, As Sweet As Cinnamon, I knew I would make them using the charms. I had my daughter pick out nine charms she liked the best.
Then I used her beads to embellish the blocks. She has a ton of beads since she likes to make jewelery. Instead of a wall hanging I made her a table topper.
I hand pieced the blocks and added some silver thread trim around the center block.

With the extra two blocks I made her some ornaments. I actually only got one made because I did not have enough of the silver cord to put around the other ornament. It will get finished after Christmas when I can get back to the craft store.
Whew! just in time! You can still get the patterns on Dawn's blog.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Advent reading: John 3:16-21.

25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table topper and ornament. Glad you have it finished in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wo wonderful. I like the material. Just right for those hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkling and stunning at the same time. I'm loving this~ well done, Carrie, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely idea and stunning work. She will treasure these!
    They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Carrie! Your daughter will love these gifts!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now if I were REALLY smart, I would start a list now, of things I want to make for Christmas next year.. and begin working on that list in like.. March (LOL).. this would be on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that! Looks great on the tree.

    I am still trying to figure out how you made the hexagon ornament you gifted me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your originality. How wonderful your daughter will have holiday decorations handmade by her mom. Each time she decorates she'll think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with your frosty flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look absolutely fantastic. Clever you! The colours look beautiful on the white background.
    I'm with Mommarock, maybe we should be making a list of things to make for next year while all this inspiration is around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carrie, your work is so beautiful! Your daughter is just going to love it all. I love the silver thread. It just sets it all off! Such a beautiful ornament too. I love the beading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Carrie. Your daughter is one blessed gal to have your as her Mom. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too, too cute Carrie! She is one lucky daughter to have you for a Mom and especially with your talent! Have a blessed Christmas Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie, that's the prettiest version I've seen yet of Dawn's flakes - that is just gorgeous!! Love the ornament too. WOW. The Fairy Frost is perfect for these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Carrie, you have such a special touch! This is so pretty!! Your daughter will be thrilled. :-)
    Merry Christmas!!
    Hugs
    Jenny
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your handwork is always so lovely! Your daughter is one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just beautiful
    oh I love that ornament!
    very nice.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! You do such marvelous work! Your daughter will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Carrie, they are beautiful!! What a wonderful gift :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Carrie this is gorgeous... I love the candle mat... what a wonderful creative idea to use the snowflake hexies that way...
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So clever of you to do it this way! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful, Carrie! The table topper is gorgeous, and I love the ornament. Your daughter is a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.