Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nevada

So lets catch up on where we have been and what we have seen. After we left Arizona our next stop was the Hoover Dam in Nevada. The state line of Arizona and Nevada runs down the middle of the dam. It was a gigantic dam. It was very very high as you can see from the photos.


Next stop, Las Vegas. I took many photos of the landscape as we were driving to the town. It is amazing how it changes. Even though we were in the dessert it was surprising how many flowers were growing. We didn't see many cacti, mostly Yuccas.


Our first view coming into Las Vegas was this very, very tall building. If you look close in the left picture you can see something jutting out the right side. Looking at the close up you can see it is an amusement ride. Not way would I go on that ride.


Some more views of Las Vegas and our camp site. We decided to take a walk through the strip of Las Vegas. It was very crowded with people from all over the world. That was one thing I noticed about being at the Grand Canyon too. It was very interesting to hear all the different languages. Some I had never heard before.
We went into Caesar's Palace, walked through the casino, and into a huge shopping mall. We decided to eat at Planet Hollywood.
Then we did some window shopping.
As we walked through the mall I saw what I thought was a statue. It was a human pretending to be a statue. As we walked by I looked at his face and he winked at me. It was funny to watch other people walked by him. Sometimes he would wiggle a finger. One lady from another country was with some friends. She was speaking in her language to the statue trying to get him to wiggle his finger so her friends could see but he didn't move.


We went to see the dancing fountains at the Bellagio. I took a video. The music that played was Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley. I don't know how to add a video to the post so if you want to see some on You Tube you can go here. We spent one night in Las Vegas and that is as long as we wanted to be there. It was noisy, crowded, and smelly. My #2 son says it is all part of the adventure. Well, Vegas was an adventure.


We are in the Santa Cruz, California for the next three days. It is cool here in Southern California. It rained last night too. I will share more later.


Relaxing and washing clothes today in California.


Carrie P.

7 comments:

  1. I think you and I have the same opinion of Las Vegas Carrie! Enjoy Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, amazing impressions!
    Loved the story about the 'statue'!
    Have a good time (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying the pictures of your trip Carrie! Can't say I would go on that ride either *shudder*. I've never wanted to go to Vegas - I'll just enjoy pics, lol. That statue guy is amazing, reminds me of Lucy when she pretended to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Congratulations on 35 years!!!
    Thank you for all the wonderful photographs from your journey. I love the shots of the Grand Canyon.
    Have fun in California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to California!! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The statue guy would be really fun to see. I agree Vegas is has too much sensory stimulas to be enjoyable for long.

    You sure are having a fun trip though :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time you're having, adventures for sure. Funny how so many large cities have those towers and then thay add the scary things at the top that I'd never do.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.