
I finally got some batting and pinned the layers of these two small projects together. I pulled out these two books for a little inspiration. I wish I could say machine quilting was my passion but it is not. Free motion takes a lot of practice so usually when I machine quilt it is straight stitching which can be pretty neat too. I hope to get to work on these two projects soon.

I have also been adding lace to some of these embroidery blocks from a Crabapple Hill free BOM that was offered a while back but as far as I know is no longer available. This little heart is actually a pocket. I will show you later how it makes the pocket when I get it sewn onto the back ground fabric. This is my favorite heart out of all of them.
With Passion,Carrie P.
What a sweet lacy heart. I have Harriet Hargrave's machine quilting books. Her work is gorgeous. Machine quilting is not my passion or forte`.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see more of those projects, when will the big reveal be?
ReplyDeletethe little heart is adorable, the lace really sets it off.
The heart is just precious!
ReplyDeleteYeah, machine quilting does take practice. I'm looking forward to getting back at it..., eventually.
Love the heart. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm still in the early stages of free motion quilting. I'm seeing improvement, but there's much to still go!
That little heart block is so pretty! The lace adds so much.
ReplyDeleteThose 2 books look great. I love Jeanna Kimball's books.
ReplyDeleteMachine quilting does take a lot of practice! I need plenty of practice at both forms of quilting.
Love the lace! :)
Crabapple Hill has some of the sweetest designs and what a lovely heart you made.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the machine quilting! Cute little block. I'll have to check out Crabapple Hill, won't I?? Have a great day! ~karen
ReplyDeleteYour books look like they will be great inspiration...I do agree about machine quilting but what is achievable makes it worthwhile!! Love the lacey heart pocket...Crab Apple's designs are lovely!
ReplyDeleteCrabapple design looks very nice. I have downloaded some of them, but never got to stitching:)
ReplyDeleteIn a book exhibition recently, i bought two quilt books. Hope to be inspired too, LOL. These books are a rarity, so i grabbed them!
What a sweet block :0) Those quilting books sure caught me eye. I have no idea how to machine quilt...even straight lines but I sure do love what can be done :0)
ReplyDeleteCrispy
Machine quilting is a knack all of it's own as I'm finding out myself. Thread makes all the difference. I did a sample with silk thread, loved the effects of it. Have you decided what thread you'll use yet? Cute embroidery block!
ReplyDeleteCarrie - I love the little heart - so you!!! I am becoming 'fairly' proficient in 'straight quilting' but cannot make much progress in the free motion 'stuff'. Too many inhibitions.
ReplyDeleteHugs - Marie
I love the little heart pocket. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteYou're using one of my favorite books. Practice, practice, practice.
ReplyDeleteLovely little heart!
I love those books, Carrie.... and that heart is most adorable. I am looking for some quick easy Christmas projects for gifts... I will check out Crabapple Hill. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck on deciding how you will quilt your projects. I mostly machine quilt with straight lines. That way the pattern in the fabrics doesn't get lost. I did buy some books on machine quilting. Hope I get to some practicing soon.
ReplyDeleteLove the heart and lace you added!
Just love this!
ReplyDeleteI've not heard of those books before. I'll definitely have to check them out. I'm always looking for guidance and inspiration when it comes to quilting.
ReplyDeleteThe heart is beautiful. The lace really takes it to the next level!
Hi there :) This Crabapple Hill BOM is so very sweet! I love the lace on the heart - perfect. Would you like to link this post up at today's BOMs AWAY linky "party" and share it there? If so, here is the URL at my blog: http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/07/boms-away-monday-10-and-hst-tip.html
ReplyDeleteEither way, very nice work!