Friday, December 2, 2011

Tuesday Sewing

This past Tuesday I did get to do some sewing. I made the new blogger's BOM which was designed by Stephanie. Here are my three blocks so far.
I also got to make my Quilts of Valor block which I made to be donated when I attend the Modern Quilt guild this month. This block is called Skewed Star by Toby Lishko. I got this pattern from Volume Three of the Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

16 comments:

  1. I really like the start block - had to look at it for awhile to figure it out :0) The fabrics you picked are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you're using for your blocks, Carrie! And I've never seen a Skewed Star block - it's wonderful!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that split star block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pinks are so beautiful!! I really love your blocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks! Your Bloggers' BOM are looking amazing all together. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks.

    Thank you for joining in on our Bible Study. I hope you will continue to join us!

    I actually am going to begin learning applique after Christmas. I will have to refer back here to your tutorials. I am anxious to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I hope you and your loved ones have a very nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are beautiful! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great blocks. I do love the linen with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blogger BOM's....you've used very rich colors with great contrast.
    It's gonna be a sweet quilt.

    Happy Sewing and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks. I'm delighted to see your version of the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are all so cute, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.