I finally finished my little Blessing Basket quilt from Temecula Quilt Co. After I finished practicing my FMQ challenge I decided to do a little on this quilt. I was brave to try something different than my typical straight line quilting.
When Mr. P. came home from work yesterday he went intoour bathroom to change clothes. There is a window that looks out into our backyard and the bluebird house. He yelled,"There's a black snake (non-poisonous) on the bluebird house!" I yelled, "Go get it off! He did not even stop to put shoes on because the snake was pretty close to the hole. He grabbed that snake off and got bit in one little place on his hand. After he got the snake off, the parents would not go in the house for a little while. I think they were afraid that the snake was inside.
Mr. P. was very brave. This snake has been slithering around here for the last two weeks. We saw him up in the garden and Mr. P. caught him then and let it go. Then two days ago I saw it slithering along the patio. Climbing the bird house was the last straw. Mr. P. put him in a box and delivered it to a new home about half a mile from our house. Mr. P. put it in the woods where no one else lived. That snake better not come back!
Good riddance!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Oh my gosh, bravest husband ever award goes to Mr. P. Can't believe he grabbed it with his hands. Black snakes are good for keeping copperheads away, but they shouldn't eat our baby birds.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt, I love the setting triangle fabric, so pretty.
Your baskets quilt is lovely - good on you for using your fmq skills on it. Scary story about the snake - your hubby sounds very brave - I would have run a mile!!
ReplyDeleteI was going to comment on how pretty your basket quilt is but the snake scared me half to death. LOL!
ReplyDeleteMr P is very brave! You are too to try something new on your pretty little basket quilt. I hope that's the last of the snake!
ReplyDeleteOh my! Mr. P is very brave to just grab that snake. EEK! I do NOT like those things.
ReplyDeleteI love your pretty little basket quilt!!! I love the colors!
Sure hope he finds someone else to live with!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt turned out cute!!
Carrie, Mr. P is very brave. Seeing that photo of him holding the snake made me shudder!! Hope it stays away.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness!! Mr P is a regular Steve Irwin.
ReplyDeleteI bet the bluebirds were even more stressed than you were.
Your little baskets look fantastic! Love them.
Mr. P is my hero!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!!
Love your basket quilt Carrie. It's beautiful.
I hope you don't mind if Im laughing! I thought you were going to say he ran outside without his pants! Love the little quilt! Is that a pattern they sell?
ReplyDeleteOh geez, these snacks terrify me even though I know they are garden snakes. When they are in my flower beds I quit gardening for a few days.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty little quilt. Oh my gosh I so dislike snakes. We had rattlers in the desert in CA but we also had gopher snakes. I didn't care if they were friendly or not, I disliked them equally!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely little quilt and congrats on bravely applying your new skills! All good.
ReplyDeleteSeems like a great idea to transport the BlueBird stalker, especially since it had been so bold as to show itself so often. Glad Mr. P saw it when he did.
Have a great week-end.
Eeep! Mr. P. was very brave, indeed! Yikes.
ReplyDeleteYay for bravery! It looks awesome, Carrie! I love what you did in the flowery half-triangle ares-- so pretty!
The little quilt is great - such pretty fabric and lovely quilting!
ReplyDeleteYikes - the snake is quite something!!
EEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Thank goodness for Mr. P!!!!!! Oh snakes give me the shivers...
ReplyDeleteCarrie, your little quilt is just darling!!
Your little basket quilt is just adorable Carrie! I love the colors you used.
ReplyDeleteI love bluebirds, but if that same thing happened at our house, there would be no one to save the birds! Hate snakes and so does my husband. Lucky the birds live in your yard.
Oh that just gives me the creeps. Mr. P is a very brave soul.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe he's holding the snake.
ReplyDeleteOur little Emmy (a Bichon) can find anything that doesn't belong in our yard - squirrels, birds, snakes (water), ducks, etc. and won't quit barking at it until it's gone. Obviously, Mr. P has had experience with snakes before.
Carrie, I love your blessings quilt. I started to finish mine yesterday and found I have to redo some of my blocks...boo hoo.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got rid of the snake.
Hugs
Beautiful little quilt. Snakes....I just don't like them! We get them here by the river and the neighbors know if they hear me screaming.....I just lifted a rock and a snake was underneath. Glad you helped your birds out!
ReplyDeleteMy husband would have killed that snake with a shovel. He HATES them and I'm afraid would not have been as kind as your DH was. Lucky snake. :-)
ReplyDeleteEwwwww! Snakes are SO creepy, Carrie! Good thing Mr. P is brave! I hope the snake bite doesn't make him sick! Your little basket quilt is adorable!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Your basket quilt is darling. The snake is NOT! Bravest Award goes to Mr. P for capturing, enduring a snake bite, and relocating said snake.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Mr. P is certainly a brave person to rescue the babies from certain death! And your basket quilt is gorgeous, a great finish with your own hand.
ReplyDeleteOh, YUCK. But I am so glad you saved those little ones!
ReplyDelete