Yesterday I was able to sew three of the blocks for Mr. P's quilt and today I finished the last two.
Here are all them together. I know how I want to set them but I need to buy some fabric for the sashing. These blocks are from a quilt that Dawn Heese designed. You can see her quilt here. I am going to set my differently because I don't want my quilt to be a square. Stay tuned to see my setting. Thanks for sharing your quilt with us, Dawn.
So this week I will work on my row along from Lori Holt's blog, the mittens row. Until tomorrow I will go ahead and continue my hand quilting and link up to Kathy's blog for Slow Sunday Stitching.Kudos go to LynCC of What a Hoot!, and Mama T of Mama T Keeps you in Stitches. and Simone de Klerk for finishing their first UFO! You go girls!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
well done! the blocks look wonderful.
ReplyDeletelooks like there is quilting progress being made too!
Love to see your hand quilting! What a fancy thimble you have! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Carrie. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeletexx
I will stayed tune. The blocks look great.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors in this quilt! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat blocks Carrie - can't wait to see how you set them!
ReplyDeleteWonderful blocks. I really like your color scheme. Mr. P will love the finished quilt for sure.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is beautiful! Love the blue thread.:)
ReplyDeleteThe blocks for Mr. P's quilt are so pretty. I just love those colors!
ReplyDeleteYour hand quilting is so neat...a lovely job.
ReplyDeleteFiona x
It's good to see you feeling yourself and quilting! His quilt is looking good!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful piece. My son would love the colors....great job.
ReplyDeleteLooking good:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your progress. Your blog title made me smile to see Accomplishment! I felt that way this weekend as I made progress on my ufo's. I just hope I can keep it up. I am going to post each week on what I have accomplished too - although it might not be a finished quilt for awhile.
ReplyDeleteThose blocks are just gorgeous Carrie, I can't wait to see what you do with the sashing.
ReplyDeleteMr P is going to love this quilt, Carrie! How fun to see some already finishing UFO's!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Wonderful blocks and fabrics.Mr P will love his quilt.Happy sewing!!
ReplyDeleteYour quilting is lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love your quilting design in that triangle. I have not see that before and will be stealing it! Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMr. P's quilt is going to be awesome-- those blocks have such a wonderful look to them!
ReplyDelete