I am ready to show three finishes! Yay! Number 1 is the cowl I crocheted for my daughter-in-law for her birthday in March. This pattern is in the Winter 2012 issue of Love of Crochet magazine. The cowl was designed by Carrie Carpenter. I was having some trouble with the pattern when I first started. Come to find out the directions were not completely shown in the magazine. I wrote to the editor and she sent the correct directions. She also sent a link on their web site for magazine corrections. Next time I will check for corrections before I start a project so I am not so frustrated.
Finish #2 and #3 to come!With Passion,
Carrie P.
Ok Carrie I am jealous of your mad skills!
ReplyDeleteNice! Hate it when the instructions are wrong or incomplete. Very frustrating! Glad you were able to get it corrected:)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Carrie! And good for you in persevering and not giving up :*) Love that gorgeous color too!
ReplyDeletelooks great! love the color and I am sure she will love it
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful and I love the color. Congratulations! Daughter P is a wonderful model.
ReplyDeleteLove it! great color!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely!!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, just this morning I noticed the Scripture Photo in your side bar - not sure if it is new, but it was exactly what I need to "hear"! He is so faithful - even when we are not - I've been grumbling this morning!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Very nice. I haven't crocheted in years. I like this. Hugs
ReplyDeleteThe cowl turned out very pretty, lovely color. I mostly quilt but I do like to play with yarn once in a while, they make such interesting yarns now a days.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh so pretty. Is there anything you can't do? I'm jealous!
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Kelly
It's so pretty, lucky daughter in law! Love the color.
ReplyDeleteGREAT job Carrie! That cowl turned out so pretty! I'm sure your DIL will love it!
ReplyDeleteI love how that cowl came out. I tried one earlier and it was just coming out to bulky. Yours is nice.
ReplyDeleteI love how that cowl came out. I tried one earlier and it was just coming out to bulky. Yours is nice.
ReplyDeleteCowls are so fun.. Love this one. You might also check Ravelry. Most patterns are in there & folks post their modifications & experience. I always check the project pages before begining a pattern. You are really advancing quickly with your crochet!
ReplyDeleteLovely cowl, pretty colour!
ReplyDelete