Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Last Week

So part of last week I was in Virginia at my nephew's wedding and visiting my #1 son and daughter-in-law. The wedding was in Charlottesville. As we were driving into town I spotted this barn with a quilt block on it. I know it is hard to see but it is that yellow square in the middle. We drove past it several times and this is the best shot I could get. 
 Before we drove to where we were staying we drove into Charlottesville. Mr. P. is always so good to drive me to quilt shops when we visit new places. The shop is called Cottonwood. I could have spent hours in this shop because of all the fabric they sold. A quilter's delight for sure.
 I highly recommend that you visit it if you are in the area.

 I happened to visit on a day they were having a sale. I got the Kissing Booth layer cake 40% off and some of the fat quarters were on sale. I am collecting these for a quilt I plan to make next year.
After we stopped here, we ate lunch and then headed towards the cabin we were going to stay at. This is one of the views as we were driving up the road.
 We drove up the mountain. This was a rental cabin. It was originally two cabins brought up the mountain. The center part was added in between the two cabins. What was so neat was that the windows on both sides of the middle section fold up like an accordion so the room could be open to the outdoors. We did not do this because it was too hot and humid.  My sister-in-law invited us along with several other family members to stay at the cabin before the wedding day. It was great to see family. My two boys and their wives were there too. My daughter wasn't able to be there because of her job.
 Inside the kitchen was a functioning wood cooking stove. The refrigerator was a electric replica.
 Every bed in the cabin had a quilt on it. I will show some of them next post.

With Passion,
Carrie P.


18 comments:

  1. Such beautiful scenery!! And what a fun cabin!!! The quilt shop looks divine!! Your purchases are so lovely - wanted to put my hand through the monitor and touch!! LOL Looking forward to the quilt photos.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gosh! What fun! Looks like a wonderful place to stay a few days! We love renting neat homes...especially when there is a great quilt shop nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful part of the country! I had the good fortune to visit Cottonwood in the Spring. I may have purchased some fabric and a book that day.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL whenever we stop at a quilt or yarn store while traveling I make sure to 1) thank my partner and 2) emphasize how much I did NOT buy LOL

    That cabin looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely shop! have fun at the wedding,looks like a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love barn quilts. There are several "tours" you can take in Ohio. I've done one of them and this Fall hope to do another. Fun looking cabin. Looking forward to seeing the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun trip. Love those cabins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does look like a fun trip and what a great cabin! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I will be on the lookout for that quilt shop - is it in Charlottesville?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a cousin who lives in Virginia and your pics make me want to go visit her... so pretty! We spent a day touring small wineries on our last visit and we saw so many interesting things along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting cabin! I can't wait to see more. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cabin. Looks very cozy. Hope you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cabin looks like a perfect place to stay - what a great stove! Everything is so incredibly green - no touch of fall there yet?
    Wonderful fabric grouping .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm intrigued by that quilt block on a barn. Do you mean it was a block of sewn fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I just love that old stove, so very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had a great and interesting time away. The cabins look like a neat place to stay. And so good to have extra family time too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun wedding accomodations! I love the stove and that refrigerator is really neat. Lucy you found a great quilt shop, fabric is always the best momento of any trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet!! Just the type of lodging that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat place! Looks like a great place to stay with a group. How cool that there were quilts throughout as well!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.