On our way to my in laws house Mr. P. and I decided to break up the long drive by stopping at the John C. Campbell Folk school. They were holding their annual craft show. One day we are going to take some classes here.
I was happy to see this barn block hanging up on the outside of their quilting classroom.There was a big barn which we found these quilts hanging from the rafters. The building was full of craftsmen selling their wares.
This year there was a small quilt show. Here are a few of them
This quilt was pretty cool because the heron was on both sides of the quilt.
A fun photo for you. Driving down the highway we drove up to this truck with a goat in the back. We wondered where he was being taken. Maybe to the county fair?
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Great quilts Carrie. I really like the Sunflowers with Pumpkins at the base and also Sea Mates.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing :)
What terrific quilts, so artistic and different. That's on my list on places to go in NC.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day! I so want to take classes there!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a wonderful place to visit and definitely a nice place for a class. Love the fun photos.
ReplyDeleteDebbie
Lovely quilts!! What a wonderful visit!!
ReplyDeleteAn ideal place to take a break from driving! Gorgeous quilts and aren't the Sunflowers cool?
ReplyDeleteNot just quilty stuff, FUN quilty stuff!!
ReplyDeleteThere are great quilts.Thanks for the pics.Have a fun week!!
ReplyDeleteGreat quilts how. I like the barn quilt block.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilts. Love the apple core quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful virtual quilt tour!!! Thank you!!! Hope your trip is safe and full of all that you would want to do!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
I've been there, years ago. Just to look around, and visit their incredible gift shop. Thanks for the sweet tour down memory lane :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat great quilts. That's on my list of places I want to visit. I may have to live to be 150 yrs old if I keep adding more and more places to my list. Guess it's time to prioritize them! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful place, Carrie! I may have to put that on my bucket list. I've been meaning to make an apple core quilt from scraps and after seeing this one, I might have to get started!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Spectacular heron quilt. I love places like this...filled with handmade goodness. One day I want a barn quilt for my side of my "retirement" home.
ReplyDeleteSuch fun eye candy Carrie - thanks for sharing! I loved the pumpkins, they made me laugh out loud :*D
ReplyDeleteLots of gorgeous eye candy-- thanks for sharing your trip! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteJust sitting here healing and catching up on my blog hopping. Sure looks like a fun day you had. That goat cracks me up....I can hear him saying....there will be people there....ewe.
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Kelly