Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BOM

It has been  several years since I have joined the now $10 BOM at a one of our local quilt shops.. Used to be $5.  I decided to join one this year. We will be doing the blocks in Eleanor Burn's Quilts from El's Kitchen. There are eighteen blocks instead of the standard twelve.
 The first block is an apron. The shop had two fabric choices. I picked the fabric designed by Lily Ashbury called High Street. A friend gifted me with the orange rick rack which was the perfect size for the apron. I then added a bit of the tiny vintage rick rack to the pocket. I found it in an antique store several years ago.
The book has instructions for 12" and 6" blocks. I am doing mine in the 6" size even though we are getting enough fabric for the 12". I saw this book recently at my local Joann's just in case you might want to make the quilt.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

23 comments:

  1. How adorable is that? Love the ric rac trim and your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute block! I've seen this book, it looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to do those Carrie but it's an hours drive to the closest shop that has a BOM and we are out of town too often. I have seen this book...what do you tnink about it? Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that is such a cute little block!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little apron block. The ric rac is just perfect. This one will be fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable apron. The ric-rack will adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious!! I can't wait to see each and every block you make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purchased the book and fabric last Spring, but haven't started the quilt yet. I did however, make two of the small quilts shown in the book with the aprons on a clothesline. LOVE the aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute design, will look forward to watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet block. It's going to make a great quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute blocks (from what I can see)and I just love ths apron block for sure; well done, with all your little touches to make it just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project. I'll really enjoy watching this one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling block! The fabrics are really cute too! I look forward to seeing more of the blocks in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Love your fabric choices and the rick rack makes it top shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet apron, and love the embellishment. The colors are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that book! I picked it up at quilt market last year. I love your block, perhaps I need to bust the book out and sew a little from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a real fun BOM. I enjoy Eleanor Burns books and I love the apron block !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY WORK!!! I wonder if the quilt shop would mail the BOM to those of us too far away to shop in person? Do they have a website? Could you share, please???

    Thank you
    BethAnn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your apron block is adorable. Neat that you could use a bit of vintage rick rack on it. Eleanor would be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the apron block. I haven't done the $5 block for years either. I guess it's not $5 anymore. High Street was a great choice. So nice and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That little apron is adorable. It's amazing how much that rickrack adds to it! I am looking forward to seeing the next blocks!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.