Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On the Go

Look at this beautiful rainbow of colors.  I bought these little bobbins from Piece O' Cake designs.  These will be my "on the go" threads to use on my applique blocks.  I got the little bobbin holder at Joanns and it is pretty snazzy!  It is so cool how it just holds those bobbins in place.
These are all the threads that they sell and as you can see I bought them all.
Look what little surprise I received in the mail yesterday.  One of Nanette's little pot holders.  And look at the Valentine.  It has a bee on it.  For those of you who have not been to her blog it is called Fred's Hive.  She is one talented girl. Thanks so much Nanette!!!  
With Passion, Carrie P.

How often we forget it's the "here and now" that's important.  Setting our sights on our destination, planning for tomorrow, worrying about the future, rushing towards whatever is over the next hill...phew!  This causes us to neglect the beauty of the present.

14 comments:

  1. Carrie - that's a pretty neat bobbin color-wheel!! I wish I could use those prewound bobbins, but alas, they are not recommended for my machine!
    Nanette's little surprise is adorable!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bobbin holders are fantastic...great idea of the pre-wound bobbins for your applique...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love those bobbins? I DO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanette is so thoughtful. I love the bobbins, it reminds me of a color wheel! It might be to pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little bobbins are very nifty! I hadn't seen those before. They will indeed be great for sewing on-the-go, as will that handy-dandy bobbin holder.

    What a sweet Valentine! That potholder is so cute. Nanette is so talented and thoughtful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how neat is the bobbins? And they fit in the holder, might have to look at those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie.. that is very cool.. I carry a thread holder with the colors I like.. I got it from http://www.karenkaybuckley.com The queen of applique.. she did a class in Toronto a couple of years ago...the bobbins are a great idea and I know I have a holder somewhere..
    did you hear that!! I heard your AMG calling you.. block #5 says come play with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so pretty!! Looks like a bouquet of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your bobbin holder is the center of your sunflower. :o) My JoAnns does not carry the bobbin holders. I'll need to visit a different JoAnns. The one my sister-in-law gave me is full.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bobbin holder is perfect for those prewound bobbins. Great idea!

    The Valentine potholder from Nanette is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a bobbin wheel like that...I got it in Spain at Quiltfest many moons ago. I love it....but yours is much prettier with all those NEW and GORGEOUS threads!! I'm going to have to watch for those at Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a bobbin holder like yours but have not put it to use yet. Have had it for a number of months. I have not seen the threads like you purchased. Looks good to me. I am assuming the threads are cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Carrie, what a great idea to take along to do your applique hand work. I use these bobbin holders right next to my machines.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this...I remembered and bought one on my quilting retreat...now that I'm back I thought I'd better go back to this post and say thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.