Monday, May 11, 2009

A BIG THANKS

Hello everyone who follows my blog. I just wanted to let you know that I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and I just want to say thanks for all the well wishes and advice. I have been heeding it all. You all are so kind and I appreciate you too. It is really hard to rest my elbow when I have to do regular household duties but I have stopped all hand work. I am going to my quilt bee on Wednesday and am going to ask if any of them can recommend a orthopaedic doctor. I will let you know how things go but I will probably not post again until the end of the week. I have been reading your blogs but I am not leaving any comments just because too much typing hurts too. I hope you will forgive me for not responding to your comments too. I read them all and appreciate you taking the time to come by.
So now I leave you with some photos from the applique bee of their great works.

Made by Jane.
Made by Teri.

Made by Lynn (not quite finished but I wanted you all to see it anyway)
Made by Shirley.
Made by Ellen.

Made by Patti.


Made by Shelia.

Made by Sue.
With Passion, Carrie P.

If you keep within your heart a green bough, there will come one day, to stay, a singing bird.
Arabian Proverb

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I cannot pick a favorite from this group of photos. There isn't a piece that I don't like! Your group is very prolific.
    I hope you get better soon. You need to get into a doctor soon for medication or an injection. And you are doing the right thing to rest the arm. I'll be waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many lovely quilts! What a talented group of quilters you associate with! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen and Sherri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the rest helps, you've provided a huge amount of inspiration today through these photos... that strawberry wreath is just wonderful! Well it's all wonderful, but the strawberry wreath is calling to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not answer! Just read, Do you think people will be fooled and think that there is any chance at all, That I made that first quilt? Well no, it is some other wonderful talented Jane. Rest my friend, rest

    ReplyDelete
  6. my pinkie is commiserating with your elbow...they'll both be better in no time! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the eye candy!

    I hope your elbow feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get better soon, Carrie.
    It's just not the same without you here.

    Thanks for showing us the beautiful quilts and WIP's. They are all beautiful and an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your elbow, Carrie. I'll bet that is tough for you to give up something you love so much...hopefully just temporarily. Thanks for the lovelies you sent today...so nice to have that pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the elbow fairies sprinkle healing dust all over you. :o) Thanks for sharing the wonderful projects. It is such fun seeing the Aunt Millie blocks being done in such different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon. Try to resist doing too much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep on resting that elbow--take good care of yourself! Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We miss you Carrie, but we understand! Get better soon! Thanks for all the great photos!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilts and blocks are awesome! Thanks for sharing and well wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take the break and get better for the future. Good to see such lovely works from your group, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such eye candy! All of them are beautiful, but I think the one that takes the cake for me is the one by Lynn with the beautiful medallion with scrollwork and flowers. Wow!

    You take care of yourself and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was glad to see you at guild tonight...boo boo and all. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work! I hope you get better soon Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get better soon, I love all the quilts,all the ladies did a wonderful job. Take care of yourself and GET TO A DOCTOR!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful show and tell. I do hope you can find a soloution for your elbow. I have a similar problem with my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, Carrie! Dr. Kornegay at Salem Orthopaedics took care of a foot issue that I had and he came recommended to me by one of the doctors I used to work for, one of the doctors that I still respect. So, if you are still looking for an ortho doc, I would encourage you to see Sonny Kornegay, 768-1270.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carrie, I will continue to read your blog and pray for improvement in your tendinitis. Thanks for the update and the new pics. I love reading your blog with all the pictures. It just sparks such creativeness in my own work.

    I've even signed up for my own Aunt Millie's Garden applique class in July which will last a year. Thanks for all the pictures of this project you continue to post. I'm so determined to learn needleturn applique.

    Your the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are amongst a group of very talented women .... the applique is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning and beautiful work! I love them all.
    I hope you will be able to find comfort from your pain soon.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so happy you are going to consult an expert about your elbow, I truly hope it is nothing really serious. Your applique bee people do such lovely work!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.