
Winter is here for a while in North Carolina. More snow and rain on top what we got a week ago. So I have been staying home a lot. I decided to take some of the turquoise and yellow strips from the Oh Cherry Oh Honey Bun and make a little something for my future DIL for her birthday next month. These are her favorite colors.

This is as far as I have gotten. I did some decorative stitches along some of the rows. Hopefully I can get it done this coming week. I did finish the prize for the String Challenge but you have to wait to see it.

A lot of you have asked about my elbow and I appreciate you thinking of me. I went to the doctor again this past Thursday and got another shot. I will be going to physical therapy so that I can learn how to keep this from happening again. I am taking Aleve and using a prescription anti-inflammatory cream on the elbow. I am really tired of the pain and everything I was doing hurts but now I am looking forward to it getting better. I want to do hand work pain free.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you have to keep moving. Albert Einstein
I love that fabric and the decorative stitching on it - can't wait to see more of it (although I know we have to). How much snow did you get? We just got rain here on our end. Thankfully.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of you and all the bad weather. We got 1.5" of rain. What a pain to wipe the dogs feet off every time they come in!
ReplyDeleteYou future DIL will be so happy to have you for a mother-in-law! So that's what those decorative stitches are for on my sewing machine! I just love it!!
Love those fabrics! We just got rain here too.
ReplyDeleteWow! You have had some bad weather this year. You have had more snow there than we have had in upstate NY. I hope that your elbow gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteLucky future daughter-in-law to have such a talented future mother-in-law. Such a pretty combination.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of the robin...the quiltstips and stitching... just
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
I am sorry that your elbow is giving you such a problem. Hopefully you will be able to get some relief soon.
Hugs!
Oh that cardinal is so pretty :o)...oops, thats a male so I mean handsome! We have them at our feeder every day and they are my favorites.
ReplyDeleteCarrie that looks so pretty with the decorative stitching, I love it.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine getting a shot in my elbow. I hope the pt works for you, I live with that pain too and it's no fun. Be sure to do everything they tell you to!
My daughter loves anything to do with cardinals.
ReplyDeleteI do hope having that shot gets you back to pain-free stitching. I just love what you've done with the strings and the decorative stitching. What are you making?? :0)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting the picture of the beautiful cardinal. I would love to see one in person.
ReplyDeleteJust watching what you are doing with the honey bun. Pain - what would life be like without it? Try me!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of the cardinal. I saw beautiful blue birds in Northern AZ this summer. I had never seen them before. Love your fancy stitching, it's lovely. Sorry you are still in pain. I hope the PT helps.
ReplyDeletePraying that you will be doing that handwork and feeling great.
ReplyDeleteI just bought the Oh Cherry Oh too. Those cheerful prints are so happy. Now I have to decide what I want to do with them!
Smiles, Lea
I just love Cardinals, they add such a pretty splash of color when everything is white. I wish we had them in North Dakota, we could stand a little color LOL.
ReplyDeleteOooo pretty fabric and those decorative stitches are beautiful.
Crispy
Your future DIL is very lucky to have you for her MIL. I am sure she will love her new gift. Take Care of Yourself.
ReplyDeleteI like the decorative stitches you are putting on your DIL gift. I'm sorry to hear that your elbow is still causing you so much discomfort. I hope the therapy helps. I did buy the templar plastic on-line and recently received it. I have not tried it yet, but I will soon! Thanks again! :0)
ReplyDeleteLove that fabric. It is so retro looking. I'm sure your DIL will love it, especially if turquoise and yellow are her favorite colors.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your elbow will be as good as new soon, Carrie. I can only imagine the pain and discomfort you must be experiencing...not to mention the frustration.
Love the fabrics you chose and I'm curious to see what you've made with the strips! Wishing everything will be well soon, take good care.
ReplyDeleteThe futrue DIL is fortuante to have a future MIL as talented as you, Carrie. I'm sure as time goes on, she'll appreciate you more and more. Does your future DIL do any sewing?
ReplyDeleteI love to use decorative stitches on creations. Like how you have done them on your rows.
I love your picture of the cardinal. There is just something about those beautiful birds that stick around through the dull winter that makes my heart sing. Thanks for posting it.
ReplyDeleteThese colors are beautiful together. Can't wait to see the finished product. I love the decorative stitching!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics your picked, it is one of my favorite lines.
ReplyDeleteHere in Illinois we are waiting for the snow storm to hit us! Please when will it be Spring?
Sorry about your pain, I know those shots hurt like the dickens!
What fun. This looks like it could be an actual fabric!
ReplyDeleteHopefully between the shot, physical therapy, and rest, you're elbow will be back to normal in a jiffy (and stay there!).
ReplyDeleteYour embellished string set is very pretty. I can't wait to see what it turns into! :)
ohh I love cardinals...when I visited the States I was so excited getting to see real live cardinals. They are just gorgeous...and that fabric is just too cute..hugs Khris
ReplyDeleteLove the decorative stitching you ahve used - such pretty fabrics. I am sure your future DIL will love it. Glad to hear your elbow is starting to recover. Have a wonderful week, Lisa
ReplyDelete