Happy New Year Everyone! A new year brings changes. As you can see from my blog I have done a little revamping. My daughter created my new blog header which I love. Thanks to her. Unfortunately the new year also brought me a really bad cold which my daughter also brought home. UGH! I am feeling worn out but wanted to get a post up. So if you don't see any new posts up you know it is because I am still feeling bad.

My spider web string quilt is fresh out of the dryer. A quilt that was started the beginning of last year and I finished it before the new year rang in.

I also got block three done from
Linen Closet Quilts. The next block is up which is a moon and two stars.

Remember this sneak peek I show of this rick rack before Christmas? Here is the final project. It was a Christmas present for a friend who now has it in her possession. It is a Crabapple Hill design.
Check out the new button on my sidebar from Jenny of Elefantz. She is starting a new BOM. It is going to be a pretty little wallhanging with additions each month and the theme is "Give Thanks."
Love the new look for the New Year!!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling much better soon Carrie! Your daughter did an awesome job with your new header. And WOW - your string quilt!
ReplyDeleteLove the new header Carrie! It looks great! Your string quilt is awesome and so colorful!
ReplyDeleteCarrie - really like your new look. The string quilt is awesome. Hope that nasty cold is gone very soon.
ReplyDeleteYour new header looks great, Carrie! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Hope you are feeling better soon. My daughter gave me some 'Airborn' when I came down with my cold and it was amazing! Maybe you could give it a try. ~karen
ReplyDeleteI love the new blog header! Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteThe new blog header is gorgeous! I love the bright colors. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteLove love your changes. Love love that quilt. I've always wanted to make one.
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie! Love the new layout...fresh and new like the year!
ReplyDeleteOOO jealous of your friend who received that beautiful pillow!
Another BOM! My goal is to do more handwork over this coming year. Here's another BOM and I immediately thought of you:
http://www.sulky-international.de/scripts/clsAIWeb.php?seite_id=200
Hoping you start to feel better real soon. Beautiful blog design. Ohh and I love that Christmas Pillow design that you did for your friend. What an awesome gift!
ReplyDeleteI love the new look! So refreshing and inspiring. Hope you are feeling better very soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're feeling bad Carrie but hope you're better soon. I love your new look - your daughter did a great job, except for the cold she gave you. I love the Crapapple piece - I love their patterns and have done several. blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteOh Carrie, I just love your new look. So you!! She did an amazing job. Sorry you both have a cold. stay warm, and drink water.
ReplyDeleteNothing is better than a quilt fresh from the dryer, I love it. and your Christmas gift, I bet it was loved too! now do not write back, just rest and get better1
Happy New Year, the new look is fresh, well done! Here's hoping you feel better soon. Your embroidery gift is lovely and your spiderweb quilt is just terrific!
ReplyDeleteYour new look is great! I love your spider web quilt - it looks just perfect to curl up under and have a nap. What a lovely pillow - I bet she was thrilled.
ReplyDeleteGet well soon!
Hi Carrie,
ReplyDeleteI like the fresh, new look of your blog. I think I love everything from Crabapple Hill.
I'm making some fresh changes around my house and loving it so far.
Get better soon!
I hope you start feeling better soon, Carrie! I'm so sorry because I know exactly how you must feel. I'm still not 100% yet. I just LOVE your string quilt. Scrappy and gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention, I love the new look of your blog! Beautiful! Your daughter did a wonderful job on the header!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new look! I hope you feel better soon. I'm right there with you. If I had a dollar for each sneeze, we could buy a whole bunch of fabric!
ReplyDeleteThe pillow is gorgeous. Very lucky friend!
Great blog makeover!
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas present it looks beautiful. I downloaded the pattern and it didn't get a look in in time for last Christmas, maybe this year?
Take care and get better soon!
LOVE the new header - hate to hear you're sick! Get some orange juice, asap! I hope you feel lots better soon, Carrie. I was listening to the news last week, and they said the average adult gets 2 colds per year - I had no idea it was that often.
ReplyDeleteYour spider web quilt is GORGEOUS. I hope you're well wrapped up in it! Looks like a great way to use scraps, that's on my list to try. Love your rooster and the adorable pillow you made - don't you just love their designs!
Feel better soon, Carrie!
Your new header is so pretty! I love it!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, that is the sweetest gift - I'm sure your friend is feeling very special.
Hope your cold departs quickly, you poor thing.
Hugs
Jenny
xx
Wow, I love your new header!
ReplyDeleteI hope that cold leaves quickly.
The pillow is great and I love the embroidery.
I love the new look of your blog!
ReplyDeleteLove those little beads you used on the ricrac. Gives the real finishing touch!
And I surely do hope you feel much better very soon.
What a fresh and pretty new look. Aren't daughters awesome--except when they share their germs. :o) I hope you both feel 100% very soon. Looking forward to seeing all of the creative goodness you have to share in 2011. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteNew year, new look - but beautiful stitcheries as always, Carrie.
ReplyDeleteThe new blog look is truly awesome ! I love it !!!! What a creative daughter you have.
What a great finish for the year!! I love a quilt fresh out of the dryer, all crinkly and warm :0)
ReplyDeleteI hope you get over your cold quickly!!
Carrie, I noticed something after the change to your blog. On my dashboard the name of your blog is gone and in it's place is a dot (.) To see what I mean, go to your blog, click on Post A Comment then look at the top of the comment window. It will show Blogger:.-Post a Comment, it should be Blogger: A Passion For Applique-Post a Comment. I don't know what caused this, but thought you would want to know.
Crispy
Carrie, I love your new look with that gorgeous header. Nice finish on your quilt, and now just snuggle under it and feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI love the fresh look of your blog!
ReplyDeleteYay on the finish, it looks great!
Now that is the perfect quilt to snuggle into while you are getting over your cold .... get well soon!
ReplyDeleteLove your new look!
A beautiful new header ~ love your spider web string quilt! Wishing you better health soon. from Jenny McH
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better soon! I know the feeling got sick for new years and a little behind myself.
ReplyDeleteGet better soon! I love the new makeover, the header looks great. Your friend must have been thrilled with the cushion, it's very lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove that spider web quilt! It's on my own "someday" list. And the embroidered pillow is adorable too.
ReplyDeleteMisery loves company...I'm right there with you on the cold thing. Learned today that mine has turned into sinusitis and an ear infection. Drugs are our friends.
Love the new header. Get well soon.
ReplyDeleteLove the spider web quilt and the header is just lovely! Happy New Year Carrie!
ReplyDeleteLove the new header! The spider web is a stunner! Makes me want to cuddle under it!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better soon!
Happy New Year, Carrie! I hope you start feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteYour new blog header is awesome! Your daughter has quite an eye for design.
The spiderweb quilt is lovely. What a great project to end the year on. And the pillow you made is beautiful. I'm working on my first Crabapple Hill pattern right now-- she creates such great designs.
Carrie your new look is so fresh.
ReplyDeleteGreat start to the new year.
It seems to be cold season, get better real soon. Cute pillow and lovely quilt.
I love your new look! Your projects are awesome! I especially like your quilt...someday I have to try making one like that!
ReplyDelete