Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Progress

Yippee! finished block #4 for my Folk Art Tribute designed by Dawn. I did the moon in needle turn and the stars are done in wool with a whip stitch. I really like this block.
Last year Jenny sent me some of this colorful variegated thread and I decided to use it in the Give Thanks BOM that she is sharing with us this year.
I love the look. I am still waiting on my sewing machine so I can get it sewn together. After I sew it together I need to add some beads around the heart and in between those two little hearts.
Here is my progress on my first Hop To It block. Looks like worms. lol
I thought I would share this photo of a cardinal with you. We always see more of them when it snows. We got another inch this last storm.
Lots of birds scavenging for seed. When it is cold and snowy I have to fill these up every day.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

20 comments:

  1. Great progress! Be careful the birds will come snatch your 'worms' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the cardinal picture! We don't see them in my neck of the woods. They are so beautiful so seeing pics them are a treat.
    Lovely work on the BOM. Love how the threads are showing up in the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a lot of progress!! I had to laugh at your HTI block because that's exactly what I thought when I made my first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the worms! :o) Give Thanks is really delicate. Looks like you have as much snow as I do. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, I love the cardinal picture. Such a beautiful contrast against the white snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making great progress! Love the cardinal picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That variegated thread is really wonderful. You do such a beautiful job with embroidery. I love to see your cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the moon looks so sweet with the wool stars.
    I love cardinals they are such handsome birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie - you got a little more snow than we did. But south of here about 5 miles got about 8 inches this last go round. We got a 'trace' and lots of ice. Still iced in after 3 days.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carrie, You know I love your work. especially the wool stars!
    I love cardinals, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your stitching......maybe i need classes from you, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stars and moon block! You do such lovely work, Carrie. That floss is beautiful, your Give Thanks is going to be GORGEOUS. Great pic of the cardinal - and good for you on keeping them fed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Give Thanks BOM is beautiful already Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that Folk Art block Carrie - of course, you know I'm a sucker for wool. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how the variegated threads look.
    I use them in some pieces and need to dye some more.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wool stars look great and I love the colour of the varigated thread, it's lovely stitched up. Thanks for showing the cardinal, they are beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely bird! We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blocks and your worms LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sitting here giggling - I have to tell you this: As soon as I saw the "Green thing" photo, even before reading, I thought to myself "WORMS" and then you type WORMS.. I'm still giggling...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy! That variegated thread looks just lovely. I look forward to seeing the block once all of the finishing touches are added-- it's going to be beautiful!

    What a lovely photo. Cardinals are such beautiful birds. There's just something about that red.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.