I have a few minutes before another busy day starts for me so I thought I would share something I did last week. Two of my applique buddies and I went to the third annual Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza in Statesville, NC. Basically it is a show full of vendors and we had a great time shopping.

One lady that I had bought buttons from before was there again. I was happy to see her. Look at those pink and blue plastic buttons I found. She told me that they were made in the 1940's. Those plastic ones are some of my favorite to collect. They come in so many intricate shapes.

I also bought some fabulous wool. I finally got to meet Cathi from
Shakerwood Quilts who now attends different quilt shows around this area to sell her beautiful hand died wool. I can't wait to find a project to use those purple wools in. If you click on the link you can see a photo of her lovely booth.

I also bought a jelly roll and some Valdani 3 strand floss.

Some fabric and rick rack.

As we were driving home one of the girls that came along said she might have some buttons she could share with me. So she let me look and said I could have these great buttons. Check out the owls.
Sorry, blogger turned the picture.
Off to start the day. Have a great weekend. I am teaching again on Saturday.
Talk to you next week.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Some treasures there to oooh and aaah over... well done, great shopping! You a have a good eye, those OWLS have nothing on you!
ReplyDeleteLove those OWL buttons! I didn't go to the Statesville show since I'd just been to Sanford's.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had lots of fun! I had to look a couple of times to find the owls :0)
ReplyDeleteI didn't make it this year but looks like you found some great stuff!
ReplyDeleteoh, how i wanted to go!!!! maybe next year.
ReplyDeleteYou have some great finds! I absolutely love the purple wools! I have a plastic necklace which was my Mother's. It 's made of the same plastic as your buttons!!! Sew cute! :0)
ReplyDeleteYou had a great shopping trip. I love those plastic buttons. I have some that are similar. Have fun at your class. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend Carrie...
ReplyDeleteLove all your bits and pieces.. love buttons and wool...yummm xx
Love, love, love those plastic buttons! Will you use them for anything or just play and admire???
ReplyDeleteRegards, Sue
I LOVE old buttons, especially when they are still on the card and you can see the old price!
ReplyDeleteBoy did you have fun!!!! Love the pink and blue buttons! Have fun tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWhew - finally found the owls. I love all the buttons (everything else too). That show was right in the worst part of the cold week, so I was a good kid and stayed home and didn't expose everyone else to the stuff.
ReplyDeleteHugs - Marie
Wow they are great goodies!
ReplyDeleteI love all the buttons.
The purple wools are wonderful.
You just find the prettiest things, Carrie! Those buttons are amazing - I seem to remember my grandmother having plastic buttons like that in her tin, I wonder what happened to them?
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to meet a bloggy friend too. I clicked over to Cathi's page, what a yummy booth! Gorgeous fabrics you got. And oh those owl buttons....what a great friend!
Enjoy your teaching, Carrie!
What a wonderful haul!! I love all those buttons. I recognize a few from my own button tin! Have fun with your class, karen
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love those craft shows. You got some great things Carrie..Nice find on the buttons.
ReplyDeleteHugs Michelle
Great shopping! I love the plastic buttons too and the wool looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThose owls look very wise indeed!
Have fun teaching.
You got some pretty treasures...especially loving the pink and blue buttons. Have fun with class.
ReplyDeleteOooo wonderful loot!! Have a wonderful time with your students :0)
ReplyDeleteCrispy
Wow! you came home with some stellar loot there! Love the yummy looking wool--looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
ReplyDeleteI avoided the button lady because I knew I would be in trouble. Now I REALLY know I would have been in trouble!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun shopping expedition! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with that beautiful wool. And all those buttons are just fabulous. You have a knack for finding the most wonderful things, Carrie. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have been there, Carrie. I would have had a race with you directly to the wool. I can see an Easter project made from the purple wool. Hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteL-O-V-E that thistle button! It would be a perfect addition to my next month's FFF.
Love all your goodies! Especially the wool and Valdani threads! Valdani is all I use. It's a favorite! Can't wait to see what you make!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have had time to walk around the show. I never got to leave my booth. I guess that was a good thing but I still wish I had time to shop! Good to meet you.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could take a class with you - I know I've said that before, but your work is incredible!
ReplyDeleteThe wools look scrumptious and vintage buttons are always a great find!
Love those buttons.
ReplyDeleteThe button lady doesn't have a website does she? I would love to get a source for vintage buttons.
ReplyDelete