Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Craft Show

The craft show has come and gone. It was fun for our first show. This is a photo of our table. My stuff is on the left side of the table and my daughter set of some tree limbs to hang her jewelry on. We did not sell as much as we hoped but we heard from others that it was the same for them too.
A few of the crafters I knew from my quilt guild. These were some of the tables set up by crafters. As you can see, lots of variety. The photo on the top right where the green quilt on the wall is hanging was set up by Salem Stitcher. The table on the top left was by ClassicCampbell. I bought one of her bucket liners last year. Gina and Colleen were also there but I didn't get a photos of their tables.
Westminster Fabrics sent Karen hundreds of bolts of fabric to sell during the craft show. $5.00 a yard!!! Can you believe it? Needless to say the money I made from selling crafts went to buying fabric. I will show it next post. It is dark now so I won't get a good photo. I watched women come by with armloads of fabric. I definitely did not buy armloads. It was hard to pass up such a good deal if you are a quilter.

And thanks for the "good luck" wishes. My daughter and I appreciated it a lot.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it did not go as well as you had hoped. Did you enjoy the experience?

    Will you do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, look at all those lovely Kaffe fabrics - what a steal!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is gorgeous, Carrie! Better luck next year for everyone! I know the economy has taken big chunks out of many folks disposable income. I don't know if I could have resisted $5/yd fabric for sure!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cute. I love the tree limb for showing her jewelry. I think this is a tough time to be selling non-essential items. Even though we all know that we need "hyacinths for our souls." Good to get a little extra to buy those other things at the show, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that y'all didn't make as many sales as you had hoped. Hopefully, it was still a good experience for you? At least it looks as if there were other tables with plenty of inspiration on them-- hopefully you got a chance to look around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that it's pretty universal that craft shows aren't doing as well in this economy...but I'm glad you had some sales, and were able to supplement your stash with some awesome deals, wow! Do you think you'll do this again? I never did, I think the first one burned me out on making more than one of anything, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handmade gifts are best. I think the economy has put a damper on many things...not just craft shows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I echo the other comments - most shoppers are dealing with very shallow wallets these days. We had 20 vendors at our recent quilt show & all but one said it was a tough weekend.
    Having owned a quilt shop for a number of years & doing a lot of out of town vending myself , I know how much work goes into all the prep & set up. Your area looks very neat & inviting & people will remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad there was a little blessing in the lovely fabric purchase..and of course I'd do the same, naturally!! I'm sorry too that you didn't have more to spend but whoever purchased will be so treasuring their handmade lovelies. I certainly do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer it didn't go over as well as you wanted. I would have loved to have found the time to get there but we were at the Parade of Homes tour in Greensboro area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could have visited your table! And I had to smile when reading about buying new fabric with the money from selling. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a good time :-) You can't beat that fabric deal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If only I could of been there! Holy buckets a lot of that fabric would of came home with me for sure! Your table looked very inviting. Maybe now might be the time to open an etsy shop to finish selling your wares.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.