Tuesday, April 9, 2013

WIPs

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am feeling much better even though I am still a little congested. I have finally felt like working on some of my UFOs again. Here you can see I am doing some big stitch quilting on a block.
 Some secret applique.
 I made the frame for the Kathy Schmitz BOM that I get in the mail from Shabby Fabrics. I just realized looking at this photo that sides of the frame are not right. I need to flip them around so the dark sides are inside. They are not sewn on the background piece yet so I don't have to un-sew!
As you can see from this photo a green batik was sent with the kit. I just did not feel like this fabric spoke Easter/spring to me so I used some dark purple from my stash. I like it much better. I just got the May BOM in the mail yesterday so I will work on getting it done this month too.
 For those of you who are regular readers of my blog you know that I have taken up crochet. So I have been searching out crochet blogs. I found this crochet blog tour and one of the blogs, Hot Lava Crochet! was having a giveaway of yarn. Yes, I won it. Now what to make with it? Thanks Tammy. Oh, and talk about a small world, Tammy lives about 35 minutes from me. We were going to try to meet  so I could get the yarn from her but we just couldn't get things to work out.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

18 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better, it seems everyone is getting something this year and I seem to get them all, lol.

    Nice yarns and a good win. I collect it when I find the wool ones at the thrifts, like the thinner types and ones I can use for rug punch or in art pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa what a wonderufl win!!! Love the pics of the projects....hate secret ones though, I'm so nosy LOL.

    Glad you are feeling a bit better :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the big hand stitches. They look neat:) Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well of course you won! Her blog looks like a lot of fun. Love the blue/green and hand stitching. Purdy. Most of all I'm glad you're feeling better. It's Spring allergy season here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for feeling better! Your hand stitching looks great and what a nice haul of yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it pollen time over in your end of the state? It's started here, so I'm expecting sniffles here soon.
    Glad you're feeling better.
    What a great win, all those pretty colors, you'll have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome yarn win!
    Happy to hear you are starting to feel a bit better. Your Spring block/quilt is going to turn out darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m finding out more and more, like you,it's a SMALL world!
    What a great win on the yarn! Congrats to a deserving person.
    I think it's such fun to get sneak peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the big stitches, they look great.
    Love your border, I have just finished stitching my cottontail maybe you could send me your border? lol
    I was thinking of doing it in purple too, I have a lovely civil war fabric that I wanted to use..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! it is so fun to seewhat you are up to. The purple border was a great choice! I can't wait to see the secret applique... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better. I have developed a heavy cold and have a mile of binding (well, 250 inches) to attach and sew down before tomorrow! Eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your big stitch quilting looks so nice. It's one of my new favor finishes for a quilt. And congrats on win number 2,486!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are feeling better, never fun to be sick. Congrats on the win! Yummy yarn! I have to check out her blog. Wonder what you are working on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are feeling better Carrie. I do love that bunny block! All those yarns are so pretty. Congratulations on your win!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too would love to see what you come up with for the yarn. Great win! Isn't it funny how we notice a sewing error after we view a photo. Keep getting well you must with this great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, Carrie! Looks like you've spent a lot of quiet time doing some quality sewing and crocheting! Love the purple on your April block!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are feeling better. I love to use the big stitch. Especially on folk are quilts. The frame shown on the patter for the rabbit is exactly like my table quilt stand.

    The colors of the yarn are delicious. Reminds me of a scrap quilt.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you're feeling better Carrie, you are working on some gorgeous projects - love your big stitches! Congratulations on an awesome win!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.