Thursday, April 11, 2013

Therapy

I am in therapy! Quilting therapy that is. One of our local quilt shops has started a group called Modern Quilt Therapy that meets once a month. There is a BOM available which is this 18" star block designed by Karen Gray. The original pattern is done in solids so I thought I would try my hand at making my first solid fabric quilt. My fabrics are done in similar colors as the original quilt. Yes, I am bad because I started something new but I just couldn't help myself. 
Applique is great therapy too. The bee met a couple weeks ago. Here is what a few of the ladies are working on. Susan has finished her summertime runner done in wool.
  Brenda is working on some wool blocks.
Aren't these wool colors just gorgeous?!
 Carolyn is working on the perfect block for spring time.
 I think I will do some applique today. I could use some therapy!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

19 comments:

  1. HeeHee...I'm not the only one who is starting new projects. I love yours. Those blocks are fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing your groups projects. So much talent. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new project. Everything else is just gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first laid eyes on your new project blocks, an unbidden "Ooh!" escaped my lips.

    VERY yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, do you know what pattern Carolyn used for that wool quilt? I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes starting something new just gets the mojo going, giving you the extra push to work on those UFOs. Your new project looks fun! (Love those colors!)

    Your friend's wool Hop to It blocks are just luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My very first quilt was done in solids and have thought about making an applique one in solids....someday. Love the blocks you are making and the gals sure do make some yummy blocks!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great therapy Carrie! Your new project is looking good. Just love the Hop To It done in the wool as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, I think I want some of that wool too! Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to sign up for some of this therapy! Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wool is so gorgeous to work with. Enjoy therapy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is therapy of the very best type! I love it all~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Other than hugging my dog I think sewing is the next best kind of therapy. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colors in those new blocks! I can see it would be hard to resist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think a new project is a great reward for working so diligently on your ufo's.
    love all that wool applique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I really like those blocks designed by Karen Grey....and I can hardly believe those other blocks are in wool....they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous blocks! I've never worked with wool but it sure looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are amazing! Popping over from Tangled Happy to say hello. Off to do a bit more browsing around your lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are amazing! Popping over from Tangled Happy to say hello. Off to do a bit more browsing around your lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.