I also got the
May Flower BOM frame made and the pattern traced.
This kit came with bee bodies to add to the quilt when I get ready to start the embroidery part.
As I was coming down from my sewing room I looked out the window. I was on the second story floor. If you look close you can see Mr. Bluebird (you are looking at his back)sitting on top of our bat house. We put the bat house up last year. We had bats making their home in the peak where the roof vent is on each end of the two story building. We had to put of wire mesh up once the bats left when cold weather arrived so they could not get up under the vent. Before we got the problem taken care of we counted 28 bats that came out of the vent. Luckily they did not get in the attic. So far no bats have made their home in the bat house. We were told it could take three years.
Mr. Bluebird has a nice perch so he can call out for a Mrs. Bluebird. Enjoy your weekend. Spring has sprung here in North Carolina.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
I am linking up my finishes to Richard and Tanya Quilts.
You must be feeling great with all your accomplishing! Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteI see you're making wonderful progress on your projects. GREAT, that means you're up and about.
ReplyDeleteI love your Raspberry Rabbits block. It is really looking good. Hugs
ReplyDeletewell done on finishing another block and that fram looks lovely. I am almost finished the stitchery for the May block, you could send me this one too lol.
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to all that triangle piecing.
Are you going to applique your embellishment bits to these blocks or just vliesofix them?
Cute rabbit block and the frame for the stitchery looks great too. Here we have those huge fruit bats, but they live in trees and never try to make their home in houses.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great but that Rabbit block is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteYour bunnies are adorable! I love your bluebird picture - what a beautiful color! thanks for sharing :0)
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy sewing weekend. Bats give me the creeps. I love all of our bird visitors now that it's warmer. Nesting time.
ReplyDeleteanother lovely H&H block and the new project is gorgeous. you always find the best projects!
ReplyDeleteLove the bunny block. I wonder what they are wishing for??? We have bats buzzing around during the summer but have never seen more than one or two. Thankfully they don't roost at my house though I'm grateful for all the insects they eat.
ReplyDeleteCrispy
Bunnies at a wishing well - so sweet! And the bee bodies are cool to have. :) I do like bats, but I wouldn't want a little colony in my roof like that! What a gorgeous fella perching on the house you put up. Hopefully your bats won't take 3 years to move in!
ReplyDeleteYou're way ahead of me on May's block, Carrie! Mr. Bluebird is so handsome - he won't have much trouble finding a Mrs! Bats are good for eating bugs and things and I even tried bat guano in the garden one year - we had a stellar production as I recall!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Although we have many beautiful birds here in Australia, we do not have cardinals or bluebirds so I love seeing that photo!
ReplyDeleteYour rabbit blocks re so cute!
Love your H&H block Carrie! Great finish. That is so cool about the bat house. I can't imagine having all of them in the vent. How many can live in the bat house?
ReplyDeleteYou have been going to town on those rabbit blocks-- nice work! I really need to sit down and prep my last couple.
ReplyDeleteThe bat house is fascinating!
such progress on such great projects.
ReplyDeletethat blue bird is so lovely!! do they sing pretty too?