Monday, April 14, 2014

Days Go By

Even though it has only been four days since my last post it seems like forever since I have done one. The days are just a blur. I can tell spring is here. I was able to  take some time to attend Modern Quilt Therapy. We did a basket exchange. I made these three little baskets. One I made for the exchange, one for the group facilitator, and one for Laura, my awesome machine quilter. Laura got the blue one.
I got the pattern for this basket at SewMamaSew. If you try to make one of these cute little baskets I will warn you that making the square bottom was a challenge. I received this very pretty basket in the exchange.
 My days have mostly been spent planting and repotting seedling to bigger pots.
 And cleaning up the garden. If you look close you can see some green stick like things coming up from the soil. It is asparagus.
 Here is the garden with most of the beds empty so far. I just went out today to cover a few of them with row covers. I have potatoes, lettuce, and carrots growing.We are going to get some cold weather again. Down in the 30's at night for the next three nights. I hope our blueberry flowers survive.
 This weekend was spent helping Mr. P. whittle this pile of wood down. It used to be taller than me. He would cut and I would stack. While he was cutting I was cleaning the garage. It was a big mess after all the home renovations. That took me two days to do. Next weekend Mr. P. hopes to get that pile completely done. That is wood that we cleared out to put the garden in a two years ago. Other things were more important to work on. Now Mr. P. wants to get a roof over the rain tank. In the summer it gets really hot. Now that we are done inside we will be working on the outside of our place.
 I really haven't felt like doing much sewing. I think I am just too tired by the end of the day. I am trying to get two quilts bound.
 I want to enter them in our quilt show which our guild is putting on in May.
 Since I haven't been doing any sewing to show you I will show you some quilts from the Modern Quilt Therapy group. This first quilt is the one that the each of us is making. I still have 24 blocks to make. Our facilitator got hers done. It is a pattern from a Quilty magazine.
 Here is the back of hers. I love that yellow fabric.
 One of the other members finished hers already. I just love her fabrics.
 And here are some more quilts from show and tell. Enjoy!





With Passion,
Carrie P.

21 comments:

  1. Cute baskets! Great quilts, I especially like the log cabin one. The back as well as the front. Did you use a log splitter? My husband rents one every so often, those are loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute baskets and wonderful quilts , thanks for sharing the groups show and tell , always nice to see some eye candy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...no wonder you are tired. You must really have a lot of land.

    Thanks for sharing all the quilt photos. It is nice to see what others are working on. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baskets, especially the scalloped edge. I know about the wood! It is hard work. All we have for heat is wood heat, so we are dealing with wood almost all year long. I don't know much about gardening, but yours looks like it is going to be real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a hive of activity at your house, preparing the garden and plants for planting.The quilting on your show quilt looks amazing, can't wait to see the whole picture..love your two bertie bom blocks!
    lovely show and tell and the appliques from your group are incredible. So many beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute baskets. What a fun exchange. 28* expected tonight after our 80* yesterday. Before you know it your bounty will be feeding you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet little baskets! And, yes, I know from experience that those bottoms can be a pain :) That's a lovely quilt you're binding - with awesome quilting on it - wow!!!! And I love the pattern your MQT group chose! Can't wait to see your colors and fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much loveliness in this post. Fabulous quilts and your little baskets are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post and so much to look at! Love the baskets and all the quilts, especially the fun log cabin quilts and that yellow backing, such a clever idea! I started a log cabin yesterday... :) I don't blame you for being tired in the evening, with all the gardening you are doing these days! :) HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute baskets and wow you got a ton done. We only had a couple of days of nice weather but we did get some beds cleaned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start in and for the garden! You two are getting tons done :0) Love the quilting on your second quilt that you are binding, very nice. Interesting layout for the log cabin blocks, talented group of quilters in your guild!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog posts! So much fun! Would love to know which Quilty magazine the log cabin quilt pattern was in since I would love to make that quilt.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word. I LOVE your garden! Hope to see pics of it in full bloom some time. Do the deer come out of the woods and nibble? Lovely show and tell too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things have been hectic here and busy like you. I had to cover planting a today....I want sunshine! Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You weren't kidding when you said you were busy:) Love my basket by the way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heavens to Besty, Carrie! That is a lot accomplished! And stacking wood? You should be very proud of that - not easy work at all! Is that one really long green stick an asparagus, too? You'll have to tell me what fertilizer you use (wink). The baskets look adorable - I need one for thread catching!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice baskets, Carrie and I love your garden!!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful quilts...
    HAPPY EASTER!
    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why you've been tired at the end of the day! Your garden is looking good and your seedlings look so healthy. Cutting/stacking wood is a workout, for sure. Thanks for sharing the quilt photos with us! I love log cabin quilts and it's so neat to see how different they can look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to see you preparing for spring with all the seedlings growing. It does look like you have been really busy, no wonder you are too tired for stitching. Thanks for sharing the photos from your quilt group's show and tell. The logcabin quilts are lovely - cute wee twist with the layout makes them very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your place looks like mine, with planting and quilting and cooking all at once. You have a nicer garden though! I am just waiting for the last frost date to pass here in the mountains so I can put in some tomatoes and squash.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you have come by for a visit.