I bought this little applique dress pattern from Nanette last year. I thought it was the cutest pattern. I have been wanting to do this for the longest time. I finally pulled out the pattern and started making the dresses. Some dresses are going to have added trim. I have a nice size pile of dresses already to be appliqued to the background fabric. Now I am ready to start. (the model is courtesy of my daughter's art work)
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Unshared joy is an unlighted candle. Spanish Proverb
26 comments:
This is so cute. I recently purchased a quilt pattern that has a little dress similar to this in every other square. I can't wait to get started on it but am trying to finish up some other projects first.
Adorable! Love the trims on the dresses.
Ohh.. love this pattern.. will be so nice to see all your new dresses!!!! :o)
Oh Carrie, They are sooo cute, I also have the pattern but do not know how to applique!! Great artist in the family!!
What did you make you template out of, cardboard? or how do you get them to be all the same size? I was thinking of fusing and then zig-zaging the edges. Yours are just darling!!
oh my goodness - your pictures are darling! gosh, i could see you making something besides a quilt out of that pattern with you and your daughter's imaginations! wonderful! ☺
This dress quilt is going to be adorable Carrie!!
Aw Carrie! They are beautiful. I love your model too! How fun. I'm very excited to see them. Thank you. It put a huge smile on my face this morning and let me tell you I needed that. Seriously.
Thank you. It is an honor to see my little dresses done so well by such an applique artist.
Carrie, they are beautiful!! Your work is so amazing!! Your daughters art work is amazing too!!
Carrie , lovely. I have made 2 of these and you are just going to have some fun.
Well it looks like you are having fun playing dress up LOL. You daughter's art skills are awesome.
Crispy
Love these dresses...the wonderful thing about Nanette's pattern is that it is so timeless...it looks wonderful in any fabric!
Carrie, I love your embellishing and now I see talent runs throughout your family. Sweet!
How cute are those! I thought that you'd STITCHED the models. Was little jealous there for a second. :-D
How lovely you have a model. Aren't artistically talented daughters wonderful? I know there will be some very well dressed young ladies in your house.
What cute dresses, Carrie! You and your daughter both have are wonderful artists!
Cheers!
Reminds me of childhood days when we had the vinyl cling paper doll sets...boy did I ever enjoy those!
How sweet are those! Love the model too - great collaboration!
So sweet Carrie! Love the model. I also bought the pattern last year and even selected the fabric, but have yet to start it.
I love them!! And what a talented daughter you have, Carrie! :-)
Aren't they the cutest dressess and the artwork is great too.
Love your daughter's artwork, Carrie. The dolls remind me of the paper dolls we used to play with when we were children.
I can't wait to see the finished quilt. What fun!
I love the dresses! I can't wait to see the progress of your quilt.
Congratulations to your daughter for her artwork!
Very Cute! Your daughter is very talented! That is an excellent drawing of a model.
Aren't daughters just wonderful! Talent obviously runs in the family!
Just love the dress and the model of course!
Nanette's patterns are so fun! What a fun way to show off those cute dresses. I can't wait to see what they all look like once they're all put together and accessorized. :)
I have that pattern too. I have cut out a few dresses but that is as far as it went...so far. I love your fabrics. And your daughter is a very good artist.
Post a Comment