Thursday, July 30, 2009

OBX

If you live in North Carolina you know what OBX stands for. For those of you who don't know it, OBX stands for the Outer Banks which means the ocean and the beach and light houses and shopping and eating and relaxing. Well, I guess you figured out I am going on vacation! I have my reading material ready.
I have my hand work supplies ready and packed.
Now I have clothes to pack and lots of other things to do so that I can be ready to leave in the morning. I am looking forward to spending this time with my family and friends. My in-laws are coming down from Illinois to spend the week with us too. My #2 son's future in laws will come spend a few days with us. And we also have some friends who are going to drive their RV over for a few days. If I have Internet connection I might try to do some posts. So I am off to get busy and now I leave you with some applique.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

The sea, once it casts it spell, holds one in its net forever. Jacques Cousteau

42 comments:

Cheryl said...

Have a wonderful vacation and great time with family and friends. Your applique is just beautifu1!

Anonymous said...

Your Bunny Hill blocks are stunning! I see why you have a passion for applique, you are great at it!

Hope you have a lovely vacation! Looks like it's going to be fun and relaxing.
melissa

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful break, lucky you. Adore your BH blocks.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Carrie, It sounds like Heaven, have a wonderful time!

onlymehere said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go to the beach!! Have a great vacation. It looks like you'll have plenty to do.

Darlene said...

Enjoy, rest, relax, laugh, giggle, sleep, stitch and I'll wait here anxious to hear all about it when you get back!

Shakerwood said...

I love the OBX. The Christmas shop that used to be in Manteo that closed a few years ago has reopened! Apparently the owners missed it more than they thought they would. Good rainy day shopping. Here's their web address http://www.outerbankschristmas.com/.You'll be going by my mom's house so wave to her for me when you go through Creswell. Have a good week!

Purple and Paisley said...

have a peaceful, relaxing, enjoyable vacation, carrie! see you when you get back! ☺

Sherri said...

Have so much fun at the outer banks! I love the ocean and hope to get there in the next couple of months as well! I love the quote on the sea today too!

Carol said...

Have tons of fun! Rest, relax, stitch, read and just plain ENJOY!

Janet said...

Very pretty blocks!! I like how you pack :0) Stitching first, then clothes.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Packing the reading materials and sewing supplies are always more important than the clothes! Have a fantastic time. Relax and enjoy.

Allie said...

How wonderful - have a lovely time! I love that quote from Cousteau. It's so true. Your blocks look super!

Rumi said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Betsy said...

Carrie have a great time! I used to live in North Carolina and the outerbanks was the best!

Crispy said...

Have a wonderful time Carrie. It will be interesting to see how much stitching you actually get done LOL.

Crispy

antique quilter said...

have fun!
will be interesting to see if you get to do any stitching!
seems like your going to be busy visiting!
Kathie

Kaaren said...

Have a super vacation, Carrie. I know what your priorities are...reading material and stitching supplies packed before you clothes! What a riot!

Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures.

KQ Sue said...

Have a great time and be safe, Carrie! See you at guild.

ranette said...

Have a fun and relaxing time! I have to admit I'm just a little bit jealous ;o)

Deb said...

Carrie, I hope you have a wonderful time away with family and friends. You deserve it. Fingers crossed you have lovely weather everyday

Susan said...

Enjoy your holiday......sleep and sew much!!

I loved your Bunny Hill blocks, they are just beautiful.

Enjoyed seeing the "dresses" in your previuos post. I'd love to wear the dresses in the "vintage patterns" they used to wear through the 1940 and 50's. They seemed so elegant.

God bless

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you Carrie...have a fantastic holiday..love your blocks.

Salem Stitcher said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing time on the OBX!

(Can I stowaway in the trunk?)

Danielle said...

Have a wonderful time on your vacation! I hope you rest, relax, and enjoy your time there... don't forget to pack some clothes in addition to your sewing/reading supplies! LOL

Miriam said...

Have a wonderful time, Carrie.
Safe travels.

The Rabbit Factory said...

Have a wonderful vacation Carrie...just love your blocks and quote from Jacques Cousteau!

Dorothy said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday Carrie. Your Bunny Hill blocks are wonderful!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh wow oh wow...hoping you have a
wonderful time....please take some
photos of any lighthouses you see....I am such a lighthouse lover!...Relax and enjoy!!

Robin said...

Your baskets are gorgeous! I love the little sheep and the buttons. So cute! You do such beautiful work, Carrie!

A trip to the beach sounds like heaven. Have a wonderful vacation!

Phyllis said...

I know you'll have a great time!

Candace said...

Have a great trip, Carrie - OBX is one of our favorite places! We'll be thinking of you!
Cheers!

Karen said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Have a great time Carrie!! Your prepared applique looks wonderful!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Enjoy your time away, Carrie - may it be filled with peace, joy and blessings in abundance!
Love the appliques...as ALWAYS they are gorgeous!

Lori Holt said...

Oh...I just know you are having a wonderful time! Your applique is beautiful...
x Lori

Nanette Merrill said...

Have a lovely time Carrie. I love to take reading/projects with me on little vacations.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toni said...

I hope you are having a great time. I just discovered your blog and I'm new to applique and have become totally addicted!! I have several OBX stickers on my 2 vehicles...love the Outer Banks!

Annette said...

Your applique baskets are beautiful. I love the soft colors.

ozjane said...

good to see the comination of soul food and Aussie magazines.....
Not a bad combo...........
me biased....
He is my rock and my redeemer and I am glad He grew me as an Aussie

Annette said...

Have fun on your vacation. Your Basket blocks are gorgeous!!