Thursday, July 2, 2009

Red, White, and Blue Sale

One of the quilt shops in my town was having a 35% off sale on red, white, and blue fabric. I had to check it out and I bought some yardage. The first two fabrics are for my the Christmas Cottage block exchange I was in last year. I had some applique blocks planned but I have decided that it will be a long time before I get around to doing them so I am going to try to get my blocks put together before Christmas this year. The other blue fabrics are going to be sashing for the Veranda View blocks. I will add some green and red fabrics from my stash. Every time I would go into the store and see those blue ones I would just pet them and ask myself how can I use them in a quilt because I really like them. And now I have an idea. So I will be working on both of those quilts soon.

I stopped by our Joann store too. I have seen this book many places. My hands and eyes would gravitate toward this book like a magnet. When I saw it at Joann's I got all excited because I used my 40% coupon and bought the book. Now I will read it cover to cover. I will even read all the pattern instructions too. I am weird that way.

Remember this feedsack tablecloth I found in an antique store recently?


Look! Here it is in the middle of the page of the book. It is talking about how those two pieces were used for table cloths. And I have one. It just tickles me to see that in the book.

With Passion, Carrie P.

Laugh to forget, but don't forget to laugh. It'll do your heart good!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics for lovely quilts. Enjoy your 4th!

Nanette Merrill said...

Hi Carrie. I have that book too. I really like Glenna. She's is someone very special. Love your feedsack table cloth. Yipee. Your new fabric finds are cute.

Betsy said...

Carrie how cool that something you own is in a book! Definetly means it was meant for you.

Crispy said...

Oooo your fabrics are great..for some reason I just love the bottom one.

How fun to actually have an authentic fabric and then find it in a book!!

Crispy

Kaaren said...

Love that red, white and blue fabric, Carrie...my favorite colors!

Happy 4th! I'll be flying my stars and stripes for sure, even in Canada.

Janet said...

I need that book! The tablecloth fabric is very cool.

Danielle said...

Love the fabrics, and I have that book- it's awesome!

Sherri said...

I love that book as well! And I read books and patterns cover to cover...especially when I don't have a new quilting book or magazine to read...I'll go back and re-read old ones...every page!

Dawn said...

Wow..what are the odds?? I was just eyeing that book yesterday on Glenna's blog. I need to add it to my wish list.

Deb said...

carrie I think resting that arm has got you into spending trouble..love the fabrics and I can see your wheels turning already on what you might do...idle hands

Rumi said...

Love all your new fabric--especially the first one! Happy sewing; I'm sure whatever you make will look lovely as always.

Karen said...

35% off sounds like a good deal to me!
And how fun that you have a piece of the fabric from the book. I can see that it would make a good table cloth fabric. Do you have anything planned for it?

Karen said...

Nice book! I also like the blue fabric you selected for the Veranada Views sashing.

Eileen said...

Oh! I was JUST in Jo-Ann's today looking for Material Obsessions, and I saw this book by Glenna! They didn't have the one I wanted, and I was sorely tempted to buy this one instead. Couldn't use the coupon, but all the books were 40% off anyways. I should have gotten it! How neat that your beautiful tablecloth is in there.

Love all the flowers you've been decorating your blog with. so pretty. And I knew immediately that those trims came from Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods.

Lindsey said...

You have such an eye, Carrie - the tablecloth in the book, I mean.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness... it never even occurred to me to use those 40% coupons for books. A whole new world is opening up for me! That cover quilt is just gorgeous... I imagine the book must be full of fun projects.