Monday, June 7, 2010

Applique Addicts Show and Tell, part 2

Can you believe a week long giveaway! Check it out this week on Jane's blog. A week long! wow!

Two of the ladies in the group are working on the quilt pattern from a vintage quilt called Beyond the Cherry Trees. Each is working in different fabrics and working on different blocks.





You can go here to see the original quilt. Each block is only available for a month and then it retires to the online store for purchase.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance. Jane Austen

13 comments:

Rumi said...

Beauties!

Yvette said...

Yum Yum!!

KaHolly said...

OMG, these are fantabulous. I definitely need to create the opportunity to hone my skills! I'd love to be able to produce such beautiful work. ~karen

Karen said...

Beautiful blocks, I must go look at the original quilt.

Crispy said...

Hmmmm very interesting blocks, I'll have to go see the original :0)

Crispy

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty. I really like that bold cheddar background.

Days and colors said...

Beautiful work, these ladies are so talented. Hope your arm is doing fine.

Candace said...

Funny how something old can look brand new again! Gorgeous blocks!
Cheers!

Michelle said...

Lovely, lovely! Applique is on my quilting bucket list. These are very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh what beautiful applique!! Makes me want to start a new project!!

Karen said...

I am saving the applique patterns but have not done anything with them as of yet. I like the gold background as it is something different. The blocks with the light background are equally as good.

Miriam said...

Beautiful work from both ladies!

Robin said...

It is always so fun to see the same block in different colorways. And what gorgeous blocks they are! That looks like a fun project.