Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Red And Aqua





Here is my red and aqua disappearing nine patch exchange blocks all made into a very vintage looking quilt. Thanks Jane for letting me play along.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Colors must fit together as in pieces in a puzzle or cogs in a wheel.
Hans Hofmann

49 comments:

Dixie Howard said...

What a nice color combination!

FlourishingPalms said...

I would never have tried to put red and aqua together in a quilt, but gosh, you pulled it off quite fabulously! It's very pretty, and the quilting is also special with those tulips. This is a beautiful quilt.

Darlene said...

I love this quilt, Carrie! Red and aqua play so well together. Very sweet, indeed.

Salem Stitcher said...

I love that color combination! Wonderful!

Miri said...

Lovely! Love the tulip quilting!

Dorothy said...

Lovely quilt Carrie. The quilting is wonderful too! Did you do it?

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty! I love the quilting design too. Congratulations on your finish. I've only been involved in one block exchange and they're still sitting in a bin waiting to be turned into a quilt.

Kaaren said...

It turned out wonderfully, Carrie.

You know I put mine away and kind of forgot about it. Seeing yours reminded me that I must make the time to get at mine and piece it together.

Great job!

Brandie said...

Another great quilt. I have to say, these colors are growing on me. I wouldn't have thought it, but I'm loving these colors together.

Diane said...

So pretty! The disapearing 9 patch is one of my new favorites for baby quilts! Love how sinple it is yet looks interesting.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my gosh it is beautiful!! The quilting is amazing, and it looks all nice and cozy. Makes me want to cuddle up with a good book!! Wonderful job! Oh, yes, I might want to work on mine.....Hmmm....

grammie g said...

There that is beautiful with all those patterns designs colors...now thats why I have a hard time trying to begin to even think about quilting!!! ; } I did help 4 other ladies with sewing 2 full quilts that we gave to missionaries at the conference at our church but...I did not have to pick out the colors and etc.!! Beautiful!!!

Loris said...

Very fun quilt! I love the picture tag to introduce the colors. What a great combo!

Marie said...

Carrie - this is wonderful. I love the colors together.

Hugs - Marie

Wendy said...

Something about the red and aqua I just love. Your quilt is wonderful.

Susan said...

One of my favorite color combo and sometime I want to do use the disappearing nine patch too. Nice job on the finish. Now you can enjoy.

Amy said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the color combo!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!!

Linda said...

I love the red and aqua together. I finished a bag a while back that were those same colors and 2 more people had to have one just like it! Delicious!

~Kris~ said...

I love these colors together. Who would have thought?
It is a perfect summer/ 4th of July picnic quilt. Well done!!

Michelle said...

Love that color combination! Gorgeous!

KaHolly said...

What a F-U-N quilt!!!!! I'm loving it. ~karen

Shakerwood said...

That quilt wouldn't go in a single room in my house but boy, I sure love that combination together! Beautiful!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Colours work well together, gorgeous quilt...

marina said...

I love the colour combination. It really works well. I love the disappearing nine patch it is so nifty!
Gorgeous.

Karen said...

Very nice Carrie! What a colour combination.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's very beautiful Carrie! Nice finish!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt. Bright and cheerful.

Darlis

Deb said...

Looks great Carrie. Such a fabulous size by the look of it also, you will be thrilled with te finished result.

cmcscraps said...

OMG Awesome color combo. Makes me want to pack a lunch and have a picnic on it. Great for Summer time!

Miriam said...

Gorgeous colour combination.
Beautiful quilting too.

Kim D. said...

Very pretty, I love this color combination also. Congrats for finishing it.

Janet said...

It's really lovely Carrie! Love the tulip in the quilting :0)

Crispy said...

Wow it's beautiful!! The quilting is fabulous!!

Crispy

Janet said...

It looks beautiful, love that colour combo.

Sheri Howard said...

Red and aqua together forever!!!

Allie said...

I LOVE red and aqua - and I LOVE your quilt!!!!!!! Carrie, it's fabulous!

Robin said...

So pretty! I love the red and aqua-- and the quilting is just gorgeous (I love the little tulips!). Another wonderful finish, Carrie! Are you keeping this one for yourself?

Candace said...

Now that says summer, Carrie! It's gorgeous - disappearing 9-patches ar so much fun to make!
Cheers!

Chookyblue...... said...

not really into aqua but your quilt looks great.........fab combination..........

Ivory Spring said...

Your red and aqua quilt is beautiful - perfect summer colors.

Nanette Merrill said...

I missed this but doesn't it make a delightful quilt. The colors are so pleasing.

Jodi said...

Thanks for sharing on the In Stitches, Quilt Shoppe Finished Friday parade! It's beautiful.

Molly said...

Love it! Just saw it at the Finished Friday Parade...what a gorgeous quilt! :)

audrey said...

Love this!! Found your blog on the Finished Friday post :)

Unknown said...

I found you on In Stitches Featured Fridays! I love the Red and Aqua combination. This quilt is beautiful!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Carrie, I *love* red and aqua together! It's my plan to have them as my Christmas colours this year. Your quilt is just beautiful!! :-)
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Quilter Kathy said...

I was in that swap too...maybe some of my blocks are in your gorgeous quilt! Love it!

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow Carrie...what a burst of color...I.LIKE....