This past Friday we had delightful weather here in North Carolina. The humidity was way down and a light breeze from the north was cooling the air down. It was so wonderful to feel a touch of fall in the air. Because it was so nice in the morning I decided to sit outside and do some embroidery. I finished the last block from
Crabapple Hill.

And a little something came in the mail too. It came all the way from Australia. From
Jenny of Elefantz. Do you get excited over new threads? Well, I do and I am quite excited about this variegated thread. I don't know how I will use it yet but when the right project comes up I will definitely try this thread. I wish you could see how tiny those stitches are on the scissor fob! I just keep looking at it in awe. Click on the picture and maybe you can get a better idea how tiny the stitches are.

Thank you so very much Jenny. It was so very kind of you to send me such a sweet and thoughtful gift. A big hug for you.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.
John Evelyn
19 comments:
Beautiful stitching. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your new threads. They are beautiful:)
Cindy
That's our Jenny! She is a sweetie. Have fun with your new threads! Judging by your first picture, you'll certainly do it justice!~karen
Beautiful block and stitching.
The thread is wonderful to stitch with. A lovely gift from Jenny.
What a beautiful stitchery! You did a fantastic job!
Now that is what I call a fantastic gift!!!
Beautiful "Dream" block Carrie! And Jenny's gift is beautiful!
What a lovely surprise from Down Under - Jenny is a doll! I have a few examples of her work and yes, she does immaculate stitching, I don't know how she makes things so fast and so well!
Love your block from Crabapple Hill, beautiful job!
OOH, what pretty, pretty stitcheries...both yours and your gift.
And I am adoring the variegated thread !!! I love to use variegated in my sewing machine as well.
Love that heart! And I agree - the break in the weather this weekend has been wonderful!
Darling piece. I am just learning to embroidery and am soooo hooked! Where have I been? Go figure!
I love Crabapple Hill patterns and you are doing a great job. Congratulations of your parcel from Jenny - lots of lovely goodies
Crabapple patterns are so pretty. So glad you're able to enjoy nice weather. It makes me more productive! I know you'll put that gorgeous new thread to good use. Jenny is a sweetie.
How fun to get a little surprise in the mail from another blogget friend and from so far away. I'm with you Carrie and started to enjoy a bit of cooler temps less humidity!
Oooo pretty stitchery!! What a lovely gift Jenny sent you. I like trying new threads too but the quilty kind :0)
Crispy
We live so close but the 'cooler weather in NC' never made it this far. I'm afraid Friday was like all the rest, high 90's and high humidity. Your work is lovely as always.
Hugs - Marie
Hi Carrie....Lovely scene sitting on the porch and stitching in the cool of the morning!!
What is cool to you may be hot to me ; } !!
Nice gift to recieve from afar..and beautiful too!!
The Crabapple Hill design is very nicely done. I have been saving the patterns but that is all I have done with them.
Love your stitchery piece and isn't Jenny just the sweetest!
Such a sweet heart--Crapabble Hill has very cute designs.
I have the Crabapple blocks on my to-do list - they are so pretty! I love yours! Now tell me, will they all become a quilt??
Hugs
Jenny
xx
Post a Comment