It has been sad and quiet around my house lately. My little girl Schnauzer, Cindi has passed away. She was 14 years old.

She was my buddy. In the winter time I would let her hair grow long so she doesn't even look like a Schnauzer in these photos. You can see with all the snow that it was a good thing. She loved playing in the snow and fetching sticks. She would go out into the yard to look for small branches that had fallen off the trees and bring it to me to throw.

She was so good about staying by your side when I would take her to different places. She went camping with us and had so much fun exploring new places. I had a dog biscuit jar on top of our refrigerator and when she wanted one she would go stand in front of the refrigerator and bark. She always had a messy bed because she would take the blankets and make them into a nest for herself to sleep in. We never could teach her to roll over instead when someone would tell her to roll over she would go around in circles like she was chasing her tail. It was funny.
She will be missed greatly.
Love you, Cindi girl.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet. Edith Wharton
76 comments:
So sorry to read about this. The house will feel empty for a long while when you are used to having such a dear friend by your side.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I know that in time it will get easier, but I know how you feel. Keep remembering the happy times.
I am sorry for your loss. You will find that she is always with you. You will feel her presence in your heart forever. Hugs.
Sorry Carrie.
Oh, Carrie, I'm so sorry you've lost your sweet, furry friend, Cindi. (Hugs)
I'm so sorry for your loss - when a beloved pet dies they take a part of our hearts with them. blessings, marlene
What a beautiful dog. I'm so sorry Carrie. My heart is with you today.
Carrie I am so sorry for your loss, I know that it's like losing a child almost especially after 14 years. HUGS!
I am so sorry for your loss. :( {Hugs}
Oh Carrie... I am so sorry! It is hard to loose a beautiful furry friend like that. My prayers are with you and your family!
Cindi was very lucky to have a family like yours to love her. Sorry for your loss.
My heart is breaking to hear of your loss, Carrie. My prayers are with you, your family and Cindi.
I understand this type of loss, the pain is severe... but, in time, the sweet memories crowd out the hurt. Hugs to you, Carrie!
Carrie, I'm so, so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.
I'm so sorry Carrie. ((((((((((Carrie))))))))))
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a furry friend.
I am sad for you...I know the sting of losing a furry friend. Sounds like you had a wonderful life with her and I know the memories will help you through.
Carrie, I am so sad to hear of Cindi's passing. Understandably you will feel her loss. they are always such good companions. Take care and keep your special memories of Cindi close at hand.
So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
Oh Carrie, I am so sorry. I know how much this hurts. I've never been able to have another doggie pet after losing a special Airedale years ago. Take care and remember all the special times that Cindi gave to you. {{{{ hugs}}}}
Such sweet lovely memories! I am so sorry to hear about Cindi. It will be so empty for you now.
Hugs! xo
Oh these critters take up such big places in our hearts. I hope your memories of the sweet time you shared with her will comfort you.
I'm so sorry for you Carrie. I went through the same thing in February of this year so I know how you're feeling. I pray that God helps you through each day missing her.
Carrie, I am so sorry for your loss.
Carrie, my heart is aching for you. Keep your memories they will help to heal the pain you are feeling.
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a cute little gal to worm her way into your heart! I imagine you'll miss her at the most unusual times; that grief can be overwhelming. Wish I could take away your pain.
It is such an aching heart that we have when we lose our sweet little furry ones. I know that your house will feel a little empty & quiet. . . & I will be praying that your memories to fill you with the joy that she brought your life. . . those sweet memories will last a lifetime!
xo, Bren
I am so sorry to hear this. They are such faithful companions and I know she will be missed. The sweet memories will be that much sweeter now.
Carrie, so sorry about your little friend Cindi, Pets are a part of our family and I know you will miss her.
I Lost my Kitty at 18 years and she is still missed.
So sorry for your loss. They are part of the family.
Oh Carrie I'm so sorry...sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Very sorry to hear about your beloved four legger. It is tragic that we loose them but think of all the joy you have shared and 14 years is a very good innings.
My hugs coming to you , Carrie.
And Lily, Molly and Murphy sending you their love.
So sorry to hear about your loss...
I am so sorry for your loss. It will take some time to adjust to not having her around. My best to you and your family.
So sorry you've lost your beautiful little companion, Carrie. Our dogs are just like 4-legged people, aren't they? A big ((hug)) from me.
So sorry you've lost your beautiful little companion, Carrie. Our dogs are just like 4-legged people, aren't they? A big ((hug)) from me.
Carrie: I am so sorry for your loss--I know it is so hard. They are definitely a member of the family. Hugs and thoughts to you.
Carrie, I am so sorry to hear about Cindi. It's not fair, fur babies should live as long as we do. {{{HUG}}}
I am so sorry to hear this . ..
they truly are members of the family.
Love that picture of her in the snow
adorable
Kathie
I'm so sorry to hear about your furry little friend...I love the description of her "rolling over."
Oh Carrie, I'm so sad for you. I know they become best friends.
My chloe died at 18 years and its never easy. Here's a big hug......
Oh, Carrie, honey, I'm so sorry for your sorrow! It saddens my heart that you have experienced this. ~karen
I'm so sorry...I lost my little girl Heidi a couple years ago, she was 13...my GUS keeps by my side now. He also is a SCHNAUZER.
We get so attached to these wonderful pets..and Schnauzers are the BEST...cherish her memories that you have been blessed with!
My heart goes to you...
HOPE
Dogs, no matter whether they are a pedigree or a bit of this & a bit of that, they give us such pleasure and are great company. I am sure Cindi had a wonderful life with your family. from Jenny McH
I'm sorry to hear about little Cindi. Here's another hug!
I am sorry to hear about Cindi. I can see she was loved and you will have a lot of happy memories of her.
Debbie
(((((((((((Carrie))))))))))))))) I am so sorry, hon, what a loss! She was just adorable and I know you're missing her horribly. My heart is breaking for you, hon. You are in my prayers.
So sorry to hear about your loss. And what a beautiful obituary...
Hugs
Sharmila
Ohh Carrie, that is so sad.
Pets a such a large part of our families, they are sorely missed when they go.
Remember the good times.
Oh Carrie, I'm so so sorry!!
Sending gentle hugs,
Crispy
Sorry to hear about your dog! I'm a big dog lover...
You have sweet memories of her to hang on to.
So sorry to hear of your loss, it is so hard to let go of one of the family. THose little furry ones have such a way of taking over all parts of our lives and making life better. Hugs and prayers, B.
So sorry Carry...we can`t miss them...can we?!we all get "angry "with them when they do something "wrong "somethimes ( if that is possible) ...like laying on a quilt who is just carefully layerd and wont move.. or just blocks laying on the floor for that perfect layout and they walk all over it messing it up....but those are minor thingies and totally forgiven when they look at you with those big eyes and give you all the love they have again and again...i feel for you because i know the feeling too of losing some of my best furry friends! take care!!Some lovely pictures of Cindy there..
greetings from Holland ..Francien.....
Oh Carrie.. so sorry to hear.. just sending you a BIG warm HUG!!
So sorry to read of the passing of your sweet Cyndi. Our pets are dear friends and part of the family. My sympathy goes to you and your family.
Dear Carrie, I am so sorry to hear about your girl, Cindi. one can tell from the photos she knew she was well loved. I know it is hard; when I lost my golden, Ginger, the house was just too quiet. She didn't really bark much, but she did love to work over a bone! I believe the beatitude is quite literal "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Not easy tho. You are in my thoughts. Becky G
My heart sure goes out to you! I love my Jake in Feb, and I have a companion...Tillie who is 10 years old. My daughter's doggy died this week!!! OUR FRIENDS!!!
I'm so sorry your beloved friend, Cindi, is gone. I know she had a good life with you. It's so sad when they leave us.
Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Cindi. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} May God's precious comforting arms wrap you tightly.
Hugs
Jenny
xx
Carrie - I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved little "fur baby" Cindi!
I'm sure you loved her as if she were you own child!
Wishing you great comfort during this very sad time!
hugs,
Doreen
Oh Carries, I understand you pain and love. I'm sorry for your lost. Thank you for sharing her with us.
My heart aches for you!
So sorry to read about the loss of your beloved family member, Cindi. Because that is what a pet is, a member of the family! Hoping that your sadness will be replaced by happy memories!
Oh Carrie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Cindi. Sorry for the delay in offering my condolences, I have been away from my computer for a few days.
We love our pets and losing them is hard and tears are shed but their memory lingers. They return to us whenever we smile about the silly (or naughty!)things they did.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet puppy. Our pets are sure a member of our families, and they are sure missed so much when they are gone. I'm thinking about you.
Carrie I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She sounds like she was a wonderful companion. I lost my older cat this past spring, and while cats do their own thing, we had our moments in the evening and I miss them. Sending you warm thoughts.
I'm so sorry to hear of Cindi's passing, Carrie! Know that she surely rests in peace having been loved so dearly by you and your family.
Take care.
I'm just getting to this post and feel horribly I missed it...your heart must be aching. You loved her dearly.
Oh my gosh I do not know how I missed this post! I am so very sorry...... xoxo
Somehow I missed this post as well Carrie....I'm so sorry about your little Cindi. Big hugs...
So sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. Hopefully the wonderful memories will eventually heal the pain.
It's hard to lose a friend that is as devoted as a dog. Been there, done that. Still hurts.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Carrie. It sounds like your girl had a wonderful and full life, with lots of love. :)
I'm behind on blogs due to business and such -- I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Is this the dog that inspired the schnauzer on your Veranda Views quilt? I hope by now you are starting to feel a little better, but I know it is difficult to say goodbye to such a good friend.
Post a Comment