Monday, March 14, 2011

Prepping!

Last week was a super busy week for me. I taught one embroidery class and an applique class.
So with teaching comes "getting behind." I don't want to get behind with my Hop To It blocks so I worked on prepping the pieces for block number 3. I have some leaves stitched on the block.
I decided to pull out this very intricate applique UFO that I started about 6 years ago. Pitiful, I know. This pattern is not for beginners and that is when I started it. Now this should be so much easier because I know so much more about applique. I might even get it done before Easter.

Pat Sloan will be at our guild tonight and I am taking a workshop with her tomorrow. I will share all that on my next post. Stay tuned.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

22 comments:

Cindy said...

How exciting ! I'm sure you'll enjoy Pat and especially taking a class with her.

I had a project once that took "a number of years"...LOL

Brenda said...

Your applique is so beautiful. I hope I have the opportunity to take a class from you one day.

Marj said...

Your UFO looks very interesting.
I am waiting to hear how a class with Pat Sloan is, I have not yet met her in person. I just have been following her blog. Hope you have a great experience to share.

Shakerwood said...

I love Pat Sloan's work. Let us know all about it. What workshop is she teaching?

Brandie said...

It looked as though those pieces of applique were 3 D. I thought it was a book marker. They are beautiful and I can't wait to see this unique UFO.

Simone de Klerk said...

How I would love to take a workshop given by Pat Sloan. She has such wonderful ideas.
I hope you have fun (I am sure you will).
The preparations to you Hop To It block looks great. The actual work that comes now is my kind of thing (o:

Loris said...

Can't wait to see the Easter applique...that chick looks pretty cute to me :-)
Have a wonderful time at class. It sounds like an amazing opportunity.

Karen said...

Whoa! That blocks looks hard. Are those pussy willows? I wish we had pussy willows growing in Florida. I ordered a pussy willow wreath a few years ago but one season was all it lasted on my door.

Fiber Babble said...

I'm VERY curious about the 6-year-old BOM. I have one of those 'before I knew what I was doing' applique BOMs (Brandywine[?] 12 Days of Christmas). I haven't pulled it out to work on it because it was also 'before I knew handwork wasn't my favorite thing'.

:-D

Marie said...

Carrie - enjoy the workshop with Pat Sloan. Sounds like a marvelous day. Love the work in prep for hop to it.

Hugs - Marie

Teresa Rawson said...

Even your prepped pieces look beautiful...(sigh of delight inserted here). Hey, my six-year-old UFO should get together with your six-year-old UFO for a paly date!! But seriously, it looks like you were off to a wonderful beginning, even as a beginner. Can't wait to see it finished!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I seem to have embarked on my very first applique project as a beginner that was biting off more than I could chew. :o) Someone very sweet finished it for me. What a really cute project. I know you'll be thrilled to finish it. Can't wait for the follow up post after you've see Pat Sloan.

miek said...

that looks realy beautiful, how you made it and its colors.
its hard to believe that you ones was a beginner too.
with al this beautiful work of you i couldnt believe it, it came as a shock hahahhaaa

greetings
ps and a lovely evening with pat sloan and workshop

Yvette said...

I love seeing your works in progress. Sew, sew pretty.

antique quilter said...

oh look at that little chicky on the bottom right!
how cute!
yes that block does not look like a beginners block AT ALL!
can't wait to see more
Kathie

Crispy said...

Have fun at the class with Pat!!

Your applique is wonderful!! I too love the little chick. Those feet must have been challenging to applique!!

Crispy

Candace said...

Your applique is exquisite, Carrie - I suspect you'll whip right through that UFO! How fun to meet Pat Sloan - sure to be a rousing evening!
Cheers!

Aunt 'Reen said...

The fabrics you chose for your Hop to It block are gorgeous!

Best wishes upon completing your pretty applique' UFO. So far it looks like a cheerful Spring or Easter themed project

Janet said...

Your applique is such a delight to see, even in the making stages.

Robin said...

You seemed to get a lot done during your busy week! That old UFO looks intimidating to me (all those pussywillows! and the basket!)-- but you are doing a beautiful job on it.

It is fun seeing some works in progress.

grandmaapplesauce said...

thank you so much for such an interesting and informative blog...I've learned alot just by visiting!

Heather said...

Love the colours! The prep-work looks like it may have been a pain, but those tiny ready-to-stitch pieces are awesome!