Friday, June 24, 2011

There is no blue without yellow and without orange. Vincent Van Gogh

Remember the sneak peeks showing a project I was making using the Prince Charming fabric? Finished! I made the Vintage Spools pattern designed by the very creative Stephanie of Loft Creations. I saw the fabric at Karen's shop and I thought it would be perfect for this quilt. The fabric might not be vintage but the rick rack is. It is one of my antique finds and it is perfect on the quilt.
I added some of the left over fabrics to a dish towel with some more vintage rick rack.
It is official ladies. I am going to head up a Quilt Along using the pattern in this magazine. It is also on the lower left corner of the cover. See it here too. Several of my readers have expressed interest in doing one. Making th equilt together would be great incentive to get it finished too. I will be doing this next year only because I have so much going on right now. So if you think you want to participate get this current issue and be watching my blog later in the year for more information.

And feel free to mention it on your blog if you are going to Quilt Along with me so that others can get the magazine while it is on the news stands.
You know it is summertime when the blueberries are ready to pick. My husband is back to 4 day work weeks with Friday off. Today we went to the opening day of blueberry picking. It was so hot but we managed to pick 13 pounds today. Oh, they are so delicious. I made a blueberry crisp with some of them. The rest went into the freezer.
I will not be blogging for the next week. I have a friend and her husband coming to stay with us plus several appointments, plus teaching. So until next time.



With Passion,

Carrie P.

18 comments:

Bridget said...

Hi, my first time here, I love that pattern, I'm going to be looking for the magazine ASAP, Thank you!

P.S. great idea with the dishtowel, going to steal that from you (the idea, not the towel lol.)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love your spools, Carrie! I'm happy you enjoyed making them. Blueberry pie, blueberry smoothies, blueberry pancakes, blueberry coffee cake...yum!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your quilt is just beautiful, and the addition of the vintage ric rac? perfecto!
I am drooling over the blueberries...they are my favourite berry!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Crispy said...

Ooooo I love your quilt Carrie!! Those blueberries look so delicious, wish I could have been there to help eat the crisp :0)

Have a great time with your friends!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan...maybe next year things will slow down for me and I can participate...best go get the magazine!!!

Cheri said...

Lovely quilt Carrie. I will have to keep the quilt along in mind, it is a nice quilt. When my husband and I lived in No. Carolina, we loved the U pick farms, strawberries and butter beans were the most frequently seen in our area. Never have found any that tasted as good as those.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

Yvette said...

I love how you embellished your dish towel with the same fabrics. Sew cute!

Have fun with your company!!

Shakerwood said...

Congratulations on your first quilt along! If I can find the magazine this afternoon, I will be glad to quilt along with you.

Where do you pick the blueberries? I don't think we have blueberry picking here. Only peaches and strawberries. It would be worth it for me to make a little drive.

Lisa said...

Uh-oh. I may have to try the QAL. I love cardinals, and that quilt is so pretty! But I have soooo many other projects going...

Candace said...

Your spools are wonderful, Carrie! I really love the colors! Your quilt along looks like fun! Blueberries are so wonderful right now! I hope ours ripen before the squirrel figure out how to get inside the bird netting I put around them - lol!
Cheers!

Simone de Klerk said...

Those spools are really pretty. The fabric is perfect for it. I am working on the same quilt. So much fun to make!
I'll go search for the magazine, si I can join your quilt along. Looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful time with your friends.

Michelle said...

The rick-rack is a wonderful addition to the quilt.

M and M plus 3 said...

Your quilt and towel looks great, I love Tula Pink fabs! Ah, blueberries, wished we had somewhere to pick them here or I could visit my brother (if he wasn't so far away) who always shares.

Linda said...

Love your spool quilt!!! Blueberries looks soooooo good!!

Miriam said...

I love the ric rac and fabric additions. Great idea.

The quiltalong looks very tempting...I love those little birds!
Have fun with your friends.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Carrie I love the way you used the rick rack on the quilt and on the towel. One of my favorite gifts to give is a tea towel embellished in a similar way - appliqued or embroidered with a bit of rick rack added. blessings, marlene

Kim D. said...

Very cute Carrie, the rick rack really adds to the quilt and also the towel. Both are adorable! Enjoy your company.

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful, Carrie! The quilt-along sounds super fun.