Well, I am finally caught up in the yard. I found these fabulous mums at a farmers market the other day. Three for $10. What a deal. We planted hostas down this row where the mums now sit but the deer and the moles ate most of them. I have mums in the front yard so I think the deer don't like them. Hopefully the moles don't either. Oh, the critters you have to deal with when you live in the country.
In the third bed I planted a bunch of garlic. I bought six different organic garlic varieties from someone at the farmers market. I had read in a magazine about planting them during the new moon which was yesterday. I filled up the whole bed and now they have a blanket of straw over them. Now patience comes into play because they won't be ready to pull until spring.
See all that wood? that is from the trees we cut down to make our new garden space. We will use it for firewood. My husband cuts and I stack. So I got that job done too. Lots more to cut and stack though.
I did do a little sewing yesterday. I got my Bloggers BOM done. I will show you later.
9 comments:
Beautiful garden/autumn pictures!
Thank you, Carrie. :o) I love the autumn colors of mums. You will soon be enjoying the fruits of your labor. As for critters in the country...I live in a neighborhood and just last week there were deer romping across my neighbor's front yard! Can't wait to see your new BOM. Have a fun day.
Oh I miss No. Carolina, that carpet of pine needles reminded me. Have fun with the applique addicts, sounds like my kind of group.
Happy Stitching!
Pretty mums. I should have planted some more this year, all the ones I put in last year except for two disappeared. It's supposed be cold here tomorrow - yuk. Will you share from applique addicts, I love when you show what everyone is your group has made.
Okay - now I have hoop house envy!
We get a lot of wind - wondering how they could be secured? Sure would be nice to have something like that for an earlier Spring start...I am growing weary of just ripening tomatoes in September and getting hit with frost.
We heat with wood - the warmest, coziest kind of heat...
Have a good weekend!
Love, love these Fall photos...so pretty.
The hoop houses look so good. I feel like planting is putting a smorgasboard out for the critters so I don't have much of a garden anymore.
I really like the look of those hoop houses, how big are they? My cousin was instrumental in bringing some HUGE ones to a very poor community up north, but nobody wants to work in them. :( Do things grow in there all winter? What fun.
I'll be watching how your garlic harvest turns out. Someday when we move out to the country, I'd like to give it a try. Your mums look great! At least before the deer found them, that is.
Post a Comment