Monday, April 30, 2012

Show and Tell

Whoo! Hooooo! I finished my last Hop To It block. I worked on the sashing yesterday. I hope to get the all the sashing done this week and maybe the borders. 
I went to the Applique Addicts bee last week. Patti was the only one with show and tell. Here is her version of one of Jenny's patterns.

If you look close at these two quilts you will notice that the pieced blocks are the same. Just different setting. These were $5 BOM from one of our local quilt shops. Patti does amazing quilts. Great job Patti!!
With Passion,
Carrie P.

17 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty Hop To It block Carrie!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your post.

Brandie said...

How exciting. Can't wait to see you hop to it and get this quilt done!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Another beautiful block Carrie!
Congratulations on getting the last one for this quilt finished.

Becky G said...

So very lovely! & thanks for peek at Patti's lovely tops!

Pepe said...

Light pink on grey... wow! In Italy we say "It has its why"!!!

Allie said...

Wow Carrie! Your last Hop To It block!!!! Congrats, it's lovely!

I really love Patti's Shabby Roses quilt!

M and M plus 3 said...

You last block is as pretty as the rest Miss Carrie. I know your glad to have the blocks all finished. It's so inspiring to finish a hand piece, isn't it? Thanks for the show and tell shares. You have the best group.

Heather said...

Love your final hop to it block. I finally broke down and bought the pattern after admiring your blocks. Is your background grey or a grey blue? I love how it sets off the applque.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Always inspiring show and tell. I'm really excited about your Hop to It BOM. It's gorgeous and I know the quilt top will be as well.

Karen said...

I would not have guessed that the two quilts had the same pieced blocks in them without really studying them. What a difference the settings make.

Candace said...

You Hop To It Quilt is going to be stunning, Carrie! What a difference fabric and setting makes, too!
Cheers!

Robin said...

Isn't is cool how the same set of blocks can turn out such amazingly different quilts? Fabulous!

Congrats on being block complete on Hop to It! Woot!!!! It is going to be so fabulous when you get it together. I can't wait to see it! :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

Heather said...

Oh WOW! I absolutely LOVE your Hop To It block! The colours and the applique are super! **covet**
Heather

Purple Pam said...

Wonderful Hop To It block, and it is the last one. You definately deserve a whoopee! Great job.

Sharon said...

Lovely!!!