Monday, May 14, 2012

No gardening for me because...

I have been recuperating from knee arthroscopy. I had it done last Wednesday morning. I knew this day would be coming because I have had troubles with my knees in the past. Everything went well and I have already started physical therapy. Lots of icing of the knee and just resting so it will get better so I can get back to the garden and upstairs to my sewing room soon.
 The Tuesday night before my surgery I went to the Modern Quilt guild meeting that was held at Karen Gray's quilt shop. Look who came to speak! Quilt Dad. He has only been quilting about five years and he has become very popular in the modern quilt world.
 Here is his first quilt.
 More of his quilts. He brought more quilts than I am showing but maybe when you have a minute you can check out his blog to see more of his quilts.

This quilt is not really pink fabric. It is white but for some reason it looks pink.
I thought you might enjoy some of the show and tell from some of the members of the guild.






With Passion,
Carrie P.

34 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hope you're recovery will be speedy Carrie, and the physio won't wear you out.

Sherri said...

Oh...get better soon! At least you can applique', right?!

Teresa said...

Hope all goes well with your recovery. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Loris said...

Don't you love that purple ink!
I hope your healing is speedy.
Love the quilt show :-)

Lynn said...

Lucky you having Quilt Dad to visit. What fun seeing his quilts.
I want to hear more about the knee surgery. I'm due to have my right knee done soon. Hope you have an easy recovery.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Take good care, hoping for speedy healing for you! I didn't know that there was a Modern Quilt Guild and hadn't heard of the Quilt Dad before now, it looks like this meeting was just the pre-op treat you needed! Thanks for enlightening me.

Karen said...

I have had two knee replacements. I know how important physical therapy is to a good recovery from any knee surgery. I like the "NO" on your other knee and understand why it is there. At the hospital I have my surgeries at, the doctor has to sign his initials on the part of your body he is going to be operating on. It stays on a while.

KaHolly said...

Get well soon, Carrie!! You'll just have to garden with fabric while you take it easy.

Jocelyn said...

What a talented guy. Take care and get well quickly :-)

Raewyn said...

Best wishes for recovering from your surgery. Thanks for sharing the photos - it sounds like a really interesting guild meeting.

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing the quilt show. I've been a fan of his for a while.

I hope your recovery goes well and you will be back to gardening in no time. Hugs

Kaaren said...

I wish you a speedy recovery, Carrie.

I enjoyed Quilt Dad's show and tell.

Heather said...

Good luck with the knee recovery. I am using mine very carefully so I can put off my own surgery! Thanks for sharing the quilt show and tell.

Pat said...

Seems like more men are entering the quilting world - always interesting to see how they approach color and design!

As another "veteran" of 2 total knee replacements, I think you made a smart move in getting the easier procedure done. I waited too long and had no other options than the totals. All went very well though and I sure don't miss the pain...great to enjoy walking, hiking, treadmill, the gardens and standing at the cutting table!!

Use lots of ice and stay with the rehab - you will soon be back in the garden and sewing room. Take care.

Linda Lee said...

Get Well Soon! Just think of how you will be able to garden, walk, and do all the things you enjoy doing IF you take care of yourself now! I will be praying for you quick recovery. Thank you for sharing the picture--they are great!

Brandie said...

Take care of that knee!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Heal quickly Carrie and be careful in the garden - that is where I wrecked my knee!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh NO! I hope dear hubby is picking up the slack on the garden!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and just keep thinking how much better it will be in the long run!!!

Enjoyed the show & tell!

Sandy said...

Hope your knee heals well and you are back to all activity. Did the hospital write that "no" on your left knee so they made sure they would operate on the correct one??

Allie said...

I'm praying you heal quickly, Carrie, I had to laugh about the huge NO! on your other knee - we marked my mom's shoulder when she had her pacemaker put in, they normally put it in on the left, but she's left-handed, it had to go on the right.

Quilt Dad is amazing, love his quilts! And your guild members are amazing too, I really love that car quilt!

marina said...

lovely show and tell of quilts.
Hope you recover from your arthroscope, looks terribly swollen.

Miriam said...

I hope you make a swift recovery, Carrie. Take care.

Thank you for sharing all that wonderful show and tell!

Yvette said...

Take care of yourself! I will pray for a fast recovery so you can get back into the garden.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

I hope you feel better very soon! Take it easy and follow the doctors orders and you'll be ready to go before you know it!

Purple Pam said...

Your recovery will be a good one I am sure. Let's hope it is also speedy. Thanks for sharing the "Dad" quilt pix.

~Kris~ said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I remember when I had my knee scoped that my best day in rehab was when I could do a full rotation of the bike pedals. I felt like I could conquer the world.

Thanks for sharing the quilt photos. Such nice variety.

M and M plus 3 said...

Ouch Miss Carrie, I hope your healing fast! I know your garden is crying out your name. Take it easy there while you sit and sew. Lots of fun show and tell. I like the quilting in Mr Quilt Dads.

Wendy said...

I hope you have a speedy recovery. The quilts are wonderful to see.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ouchie! Makes my knee hurt just thinking about it! Get better soon girlfriend. Time to do some stitchery. ;)
Love all of his quilts! You have such fun quilt guilds. I need to move that way.
xx

Janet said...

I just had this operation done yesterday. Laid up and sore today but the surgeon told me I had a "large meniscus tear". I just know I'm going to be walking pain free soon! Hope you are healing well.

Lynne said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. My Older Grandson would love that car quilt!

Nanette Merrill said...

I really love the quilts. All of them. And I love quilt Dad. He's awesome. I met him at market last year.

Ivory Spring said...

What a nice collection of quilts. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery!! Prayers and blessings.

Robin said...

The "No!" on your other knee makes me smile. With all I've been reading, it seems like a pretty smart move!

I've been following Quilt Dad's blog for a few years now. It kind of fascinates me how popular he has become. It looks like he brought some fun show and tell.

Hope recovery continues smoothly! :)